Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner September 2011

wedding hair/makeup - HELP!! Manchester area

platinumbride, 21 July, 2011 at 21:57 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi everyone,

Im new to this so hope i do this correctly, im having a nightmare trying to find someone or 2 people to do our wedding hair and makeup, everyone im finding is either already booked up or i need to take out a second mortgage to afford them! Can any of you recommend anyone in the manchester/northwest region? I get married 9wks tomorrow and am starting to panic now! Please help???

9 replies

Latest activity by queenofspain, 22 July, 2011 at 20:30
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Our daughter had http://www.illamasqua.com who came from Selfridges in Manchester. She travelled to Holmfirth in West Yorkshire and was excellent. I think she was £80 for the make up but she didn't do hair though. They do lots of different 'looks' for the day and Alex wanted something striking rather than natural as she wears make up every day and every trial she went for did her 'natural' which looked like she hadn't any on and looked dreadful. This was the final finish:-

I'm pretty sure that the trial was free.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Ooo where's my manners! Forgot to say welcome to Hitched! ?

• abbijay
    Beginner October 2011
    abbijay ·
    • Hide content

I'm just outside South Manchester and I've got Kristina Roberts doing my make up. I think it depends what you consider to be too much to spend on make up and she isn't that cheap (but not the stupid money I've heard quoted at some places) but she doesn't charge travel to us and she does seem to do the trick. My mum wanted to get it for me as a treat so I'm quite excited.

Try speaking to your normal hairdresser as they may know people in your area who are good, experienced and reasonably priced: they are likely to have worked with people before for other weddings. As RF said try speaking to other staff on the counters of your favourite beauty brand they are likely to be able to recommend people too. There was a girl who worked at Mac in Selfridges who would offer her services "out of hours" at very reasonable rates - i guess she got the stuff cheap anyway.

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

You could try Claire Louise Mobile Beauty. Her website is http://www.clairelouisebeauty.com/

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    noobride ·
    • Hide content

My MUA is michelle Sisson and she is based in Worsley. She is fantastic and I loved my trial Smiley smile She uses high quality make up - different brands. She is alos a really lovely lady.

www.michellesisson.com

• Frugal Splurger
    Beginner September 2011
    Frugal Splurger ·
    • Hide content

Try www.amylewis.co.uk/ she's amazing!

• P
    Beginner September 2011
    platinumbride ·
    • Hide content

Hi Aivijo,

I have just contacted Amy Lewis as a friend recommended her, im waiting for her to get back to me.

Thanks for your reply xxx

• P
    Beginner September 2011
    platinumbride ·
    • Hide content

Hi Noobride,

I recognise the name michelle sisson, im sure ive already tried her! and she isnt available for the date i need her!

Thanks for your help though xx

• P
    Beginner September 2011
    platinumbride ·
    • Hide content

Hi abbijay,

Its the hair side of things im mainly struggling with, ive found a few people now who can do the makeup. I was using my usual hairdresser but she is moving to Australia now 2 weeks before my wedding!! Im gutted cos i really trust her! Ive tried a few local salons aswell and noone can fit us in - think ive just left it way too late! ☹️

• queenofspain
    Beginner December 2011
    queenofspain ·
    • Hide content

Im booked in with levida beauty who is based in wigan, she does hair and makeup and is very resonably priced, (and was lovely as well when i met her, felt comfortable with her straight away!)

website - index.html

Hope you find someone who is free, but im sure it will all work out ok:-) x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics