Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2016

Wedding Hangers

May Bride 2016, 28 of April of 2015 at 21:15 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi, had a bit of a slow down on planning but just seen some beautiful personalised hangers when nosying at our togs recent weddings. I've looked on etsy and price wise a little steep for the number I would need for me and bridesmaids. Is anyone else looking at these or an idea of any reasonable sites? Feel guilty all I seem to do is ask questions but hopefully as my day gets nearer will be able to help newbies! x

12 replies

Latest activity by traciey2kbabe, 29 of April of 2015 at 22:51
  • kelly17687
    Beginner May 2016
    kelly17687 ·
    • Hide content

You could try making some yourself? Think that's what I'm going to do.

There was someone on here who had made their own and the were lovely. A plain wooden hanger which you can get cheap in primark etc and then search Pinterest or Google for diy hangers. Something like this pic (if it works)!

• TheFutureMrsKay
    Beginner October 2015
    TheFutureMrsKay ·
    • Hide content

I bought 10 wooden coat hangers off eBay for £4.40. And then bought transferable stickers (name, role and date) for 80p per person. Then I put them together and tied a bit of ribbon. Literally was so cheap. I'm happy to share links if this sounds good to you Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    SunnyBrownDiamonds138 ·
    • Hide content

I'm making mine myself, 6 hangers from ikea for £2.99. Some sticky jewels from eBay and a bit of ribbon!

• traciey2kbabe
    Beginner July 2015
    traciey2kbabe ·
    • Hide content

This is my finished article girls, finished tonight phew!!

• M
    Beginner September 2016
    MrsCtobe2016 ·
    • Hide content

Could you send me the link please - sounds a really good idea and in my price range as well Smiley smile

• TheFutureMrsKay
    Beginner October 2015
    TheFutureMrsKay ·
    • Hide content

Here you go! Smiley smile

Tilbos is actually a really nice little site, and the postage cost is really reasonable. I spent 90p on postage and bought 8 sets of stickers, so can't complain.

Then all you need to do is buy some ribbon, and you have a fun little DIY task! Smiley smile

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310815491496?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=610224525526&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://tilbos.com/ourshop/prod_3587261-Personalised-Wedding-Coat-Hanger-Stickers-Decals.html

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Tracie2k - they look good. Did you just superglue the flowers on? I've got some fake flowers to attach to some hangers n unsure if to superglue/wood glue or what...

• kelly17687
    Beginner May 2016
    kelly17687 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the links, these are lovely!!

Will need to get some ordered Smiley smile

x

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

I actually really like the idea of wedding hangers - I don't really have the money in our budget to buy gifts for the BM's, so taking the time to make a nice little hanger would be cute!

Thanks for the ideas.

• C
    Beginner
    Cece100 ·
    • Hide content

Don't mean to be on a downer but see them as a bit of a waste of time and money imho. If they can be done as cost effectively as other b2b on her then great and I like the idea of them being a present for bridesmaids if you can not afford/ think of anything else. However, if its going to cost a lot of money I wouldn't bother, a hanger is a hanger and luckily will be used again after but no one else will care after the day and they will just be something else left behind (similar to wedding favours that aren't edible)and that money could go towards other things more important even if it is only a couple of quid. After seeing the amount of stuff my sister is left with from her wedding and seeing all the stuff people are selling on her which if they were honest and with hindsight they probably wouldn't bother wasting there time with half of the things.

• traciey2kbabe
    Beginner July 2015
    traciey2kbabe ·
    • Hide content

Treacle tart - I glued them on with a glue gun hun, more secure, and bought it for about £5 from a home bargains shop. Hope this helps x

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    May Bride 2016 ·
    • Hide content

Might just have a go myself, yours look fab! If not too pricey thought it was a really nice idea for the bridesmaids to walk in and see all their dresses hung up with shoes below, a mini bottle of champagne and their own personalised hangers.

• traciey2kbabe
    Beginner July 2015
    traciey2kbabe ·
    • Hide content

To be honest it's cheap to make them. I bought two packs of hangers, garden tweed, some fake flowers, and I already had the tags and stamping set. You can get everything cheap from local craft stores, the range was best for me.

ive got some hangers for sale on the sale thread if anyone wants them

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics