Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hmcx
Beginner July 2014

Wedding headache

Hmcx, 2 of June of 2014 at 20:48 Posted on Planning 0 14

Does anyone else have a headache all the time when it comes to wedding planning?? Not for anything particular like things going wrong or people moaning

just literally a massive headache because you know you have so much you need to do but you're just so tired you want to go to sleep and hope the wedding fairies come and do it!!

I seem to have got really forgetful too, yesterday I kept putting my pin no in wrong and my card got locked. Still can't get it right. I Couldn't remember where we'd parked the car yesterday either, I was wandering around tesco car park for ages!

im hoping as time goes on it'll get better. Or will it get worse over the next 7 weeks?

14 replies

Latest activity by Hmcx, 5 of June of 2014 at 08:43
  • alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

YES! I want the fairies to finish everything off now. You are a few weeks ahead of me so at least I know that it could get worse! My new phone ended up in the washing machine on Friday, it no longer works, there's £200 I could have spent on something else.

• .A.S.
    Beginner July 2014
    .A.S. ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, this, 200%.

we have about 4 weeks 4 days to go and I've just signed up to pack my own favours and make my own tassel tail balloons. With an 11month old. And work. And a H2B who works and lives away from home 6 days a week. I have a permanent wedding induced nauseous/panic/ache type thing.

i don't even pick the favours up till next Monday - 7kg of strawberry and champagne fudge to weigh slice, pack in cellophane bags and tie with ribbon. Am I absolutely mad?!?!

The balloons I am excited about I must admit. If my daughter ever goes to bed ill flash what I've done so far, it's very soothing, if a little tedious Smiley winking

xxx

• lottie.f
    Beginner July 2014
    lottie.f ·
    • Hide content

I am the same as you. I think I am going to plan in 'wedding free ' days where I avoid all wedding things, just to calm down about everything

• Hmcx
    Beginner July 2014
    Hmcx ·
    • Hide content

I keep finding I'm falling asleep too, I fell asleep at the dinner table, doctors waiting room. It's like as I stop and sit down my body is screaming sleeeeeeeep!!!!

but at least this is normal for us soon to be brides.

The dreams have started too, you know the one where it's your wedding day and you wake up and remember you don't have centre pieces or the right napkins so you go to get some and then you realise you're all ready for your wedding, only it's not the right dress, and that's definitely not the hair you wanted. Then you fall over and break your arm!

think I might go and have a nice long bath and put a face mask on, maybe we all should. Ooh and a glass of wine. I'm sure that will make everything seem better, although I might swap the wine for tea and biscuits......it is only Monday after all !!

• N
    Beginner June 2014
    nemi ·
    • Hide content

I have had this bit, but I think I'm getting a bit better now, which is good because I need to rest so I am refreshed for the big day!

• lottie.f
    Beginner July 2014
    lottie.f ·
    • Hide content

It's nice to feel like we are all in it together ! I woke up in the night the other day and asked my OH- what do we do if the venue burns down before our wedding? Haha

• MrsScott2be2018
    Beginner September 2018
    MrsScott2be2018 ·
    • Hide content

I hope the headache stops and you feel better.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrstobe2014 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having bad dreams!

I dreamt the other day that I was running down the street with no shoes on and my dress was ripped and that I was late for the wedding!

I keep waiting for the feeling that "everything is planned and ready to go", it practically already is, now I'm just worrying about the little bits!

I don't think I'll feel calm and stress free until after the wedding now haha. Don't worry, you are not alone!

xxx

• Hmcx
    Beginner July 2014
    Hmcx ·
    • Hide content

Good luck nemi. Only a few days let for you, I hope it's amazing and stress free!!

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me, I do! And I still have well ... I think plenty of time to go.

• M
    Beginner April 2015
    Mrs-S-to-be ·
    • Hide content

This happened to my cousin! She got a phonecall a week before the wedding and her friend said 'are you getting married at xxxx venue?' 'Yes' 'no you're not, I'm standing outside it and its on fire.'

She had to rearrange in a week and she was pregnant at the time! I barely even remember my own name now in the wedding planning - I was so impressed!

• H
    Beginner June 2014
    hannahgosney ·
    • Hide content

Yes, I totally have this. Also I find that I can sleep okay, but I wake up every morning at 7am - 7.30am and cannot get back to sleep. I need a lot of sleep to function properly and normally on a weekend I could have slept until about 9.30am. Being tired doesn't then help with planning which then results in an even worse headache.

I only have 6 days left till the wedding and I'm still manic busy. It should ease Saturday though which give me a day to get excited for the wedding!!

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

7am?? I wish!! Doesn't matter what time I go to bed, at the moment I wake up every morning at 5.15 and I have a million thoughts racing round my brain. Not a hope of going back to sleep!! I have bags undet my eyes you could carry potatoes in ?

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SunnyOrangeConfetti79 ·
    • Hide content

I've literally had a banging headache for 3-4 days now. I don't feel consciously stressed, but think I must be. thoughts are pretty much constantly pre-occupied thinking about last minute bits and pieces, and I can't sleep without having a wedding-related dream!

• Hmcx
    Beginner July 2014
    Hmcx ·
    • Hide content

And once it's all over and done with we'll wish we could do it all over again!!! Although I think not!

last night I managed 6 hours sleep, today is my day off so I was hoping to sleep til at least 8......no chance!!

Im sure I've gained a few extra wrinkles this week as well!!

whats everyone doing to try and de-stress?? Any tips?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics