Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

daisymoo86
Beginner July 2016

Wedding I Spy

daisymoo86, 7 of January of 2016 at 10:47 Posted on Planning 1 6

I'm thinking f putting I Spy cards on the tables to prompt guests to hunt for pictures and upload them to Wdpics. So far I have the following to find:

Group Shot of everyone at your table

Photo of each family or couple at your table

People laughing

A white dress

A bubbly drink

Artistic shot of the centrepieces

Biggest smile

Artistic shot of your dinner

A big hug

Grab a ‘selfie’ with the bride

The cutest couple (not the bride and groom)

People clinking their glasses

The cutting of the cake

The bride and groom’s first dance

Best dancer (action shot)

Worst dancer (action shot)

Are there any you can think of to add? Should I remove any oft he above from the list?

6 replies

Latest activity by Charles, 13 of June of 2022 at 05:05
  • T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

I think that's a really good idea, and will encourage more people talking and create some laughs.

I can't think of any to add, but, possibly remove selfie with the bride, mainly because how many people are going to be there? If you have 60 say, 60 individual people all vying your attention for the selfie I just think there won't be enough time and some guests may not get one, or worse, interrupting you for it while having a conversation with someone. Or group selfie with the bride would work.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I've photographed a few weddings with these photo challenges. Mostly they seem to be ignored.

I agree with removing "selfie with the bride" from the list as if yours is found to be popular it may be distracting!

I'd also remove cutting of the cake and first dance in case it causes a stampede and lots of people run in and affect the wedding photographers images. Your first dance photos won't look so cool with a crowd around you snapping on mobile phones!

I'd suggest

selfies on the dancefloor

selfies with the cake

I like the idea of getting them to shoot every couple on their table.

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the suggestions Smiley smile

We haven't got our photographer in the evening, he leaves just before the wedding breakfast. Whilst we will be doing a mock cake cutting with him before he leaves, I thought it would be nice to capture the actual cutting which is why I had that one on there.

I like the idea of the selfies on the dance floor Smiley smile that's definitely going to be added to the list Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Moonbeam88 ·
    • Hide content

Love this idea i am deffo stealing! xxxx

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

Love your list! Agree with others, the only one I'd remove is the selfie with bride one as I think it'd end up getting on your nerves after a while

• M
    Beginner October 2016
    MissA can't wait to be MrsT ·
    • Hide content

A couple of extra ideas from 2 of the weddings we've been to:-

Favourite Decoration

Someone crying

Bride & Groom holding hands

I love playing the I Spy game at weddings but then I really enjoy taking pictures Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics