Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner April 2013

Wedding in 3 months....and no dress!

mrsmitt, 4 January, 2013 at 21:40 Posted on Planning 0 25

Hi everyone, I need an opinion!

I have a wedding dress and was trying to find a lace bolero or coverup to wear with it. I like it but I don't like my arms too much and it's not at all the kind of dress I was thinking about wearing when we first got engaged over a year ago. I always wanted something lacy with a vintage feel. To cut a long story short I saw a dress on Monsoon's website that was more along the kind of thing I was envisioning, ordered it and it arrived today. Just tried it on and need your opinion. What do you think?!

It's too big for me, the under slip is massive so I think I am going to order a smaller size to try but do you think it suits me!?! I am having major dress regrets - have tried on about 50 dresses and just can't find one that I LOVE. I'm also planning on ordering the 'City Slicker' dress from Kitty and Dulcie to try. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Monsoon Dress:

Kitty and Dulcie Dress:

Venus Dress:

Please excuse the grainy phone pics and bedroom tat!

25 replies

Latest activity by kharv, 9 January, 2013 at 00:44
  • Purple*Sparkles
    Beginner June 2013
    Purple*Sparkles ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to say, I can't see your pictures [:'(]

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Oh no, I can't see them either. Try re-adding them?

• M
    Beginner April 2013
    mrsmitt ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm, can't seem to get the pics to upload from my Flickr account...

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tams82 ·
    • Hide content

I really like the first dress! I am a big fan of lace sleeves and it looks really flattering! I am also a massive fan of sparkle so i would probably add some bling to the belt. When is your other dress due to arrive?

• M
    Beginner April 2013
    mrsmitt ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Smiley smile I've not actually ordered the City Slicker dress - was kind of going to gauge opinion on here first!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE the first dress. Your arms are fine but I just think it looks really beautiful with this detailing on the sleves. It's a really really pretty style.

• Katianne
    Beginner February 2014
    Katianne ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE the Monsoon dress, you look stunning!!!

• S
    Beginner September 2013
    Snc12 ·
    • Hide content

Love, love, love the first dress Smiley smile

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tams82 ·
    • Hide content

If you order the second dress are you able to return it? i could not order my dress until i had tried on every dress i liked, even though i knew it was the one!

• C
    Beginner June 2015
    Confused bride.... ·
    • Hide content

The first dress is absolutly stunning! Really shows off your great figure too! xx

• M
    Beginner April 2013
    mrsmitt ·
    • Hide content

Tams82 - I would be able to return it but it would cost around £30ish (£15 P&P and then I have to send it back by Special Delivery too) I guess it's worth it to satisfy my curiosity...

I think it's more of the kind of dress everybody would expect to see me in. The Monsoon dress is really pretty but I don't think anyone would be expecting me to wear something like that which I think is adding a little to my nervousness about it. My future MIL has commented on some other friends wedding dresses saying they're the most stunning dress she's ever seen and they're all big, ruffled and satin! I know at the end of the day it's about what I like, but when all eyes are on me I don't want people to be thinking 'What was she thinking?!'

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tams82 ·
    • Hide content

For me that would make me want it even more, i want a dress where everyone goes 'wow' and not 'ooo that dress looks like so and so's dress!'

You look lovely in that dress and you shouldn't worry about people comparing your dress to other people's dresses!

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

LOVE the monsoon and cityslicker dresses, not a fan of the third one sorry :s Hope that's decisive though!

• Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content

The monsoon dress is beautiful, but so is the Kitty and Dulcie dress. if you are curious about the K&D one, I say order it and try it on just to make sure - even if you end up returning it and it costs you £30, I think that's worth it to satisfy your curiosity.

• Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content

Oh yeah I forgot to say ignore your FMIL and make your own decisions. My FMIL is putting pressure on me to change the colour of the bridesmaids dresses but I'm not having any of it because it's not her decision!

• oneforfxckall
    Beginner November 2014
    oneforfxckall ·
    • Hide content

Out of all of them I like the Kitty and Dulcie Dress best - Its gorgeous! And if you are conscious of your arms (which look FINE to me) I think a lace bolero will look lovely.

• M
    Beginner April 2013
    mrsmitt ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your comments - it makes me feel a lot better.

I emailed Kitty and Dulcie about sizing and I'm going to order the City Slicker dress now. Their email response was almost instant - great customer service! I need to stop looking online...! I've just seen this dress at John Lewis. What do you think? Might order it just to see...

• Kylie541
    Beginner February 2013
    Kylie541 ·
    • Hide content

Love the monsoon and k and t dresses! Ignore your mother in law. It's your day and you need to feel amazing.

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

I also love the monsoon one Smiley smile

• Pook82
    Beginner August 2012
    Pook82 ·
    • Hide content

The Monsoon dress is beautiful and looks amazing on you! The K&D one is lovely too.

Don't take any notice of what your MIL says or of what you think people will be expecting you to wear - choose the one you love and feel comfortable in. Kind of want to get married again so I can buy the Monsoon dress :-)

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

They are all very pretty. I prefer the Monsoon and the second one. The style really suits you. you could have a veil or a birdcage veil with delicate flower detail. I have a few pieces which you might like on my site. see what you think

www.weddingfascinator.co.uk

Lynne

• O
    Beginner August 2013
    okikokikate ·
    • Hide content

First is my favourite from your choices. Looks very classy Smiley smile

• N
    Beginner March 2013
    Nic78 ·
    • Hide content

Love love love the Monsoon dress - it looks really old school hollywood & really suits you. In fact you're giving me dress wobbles now that I've seen this!!! Smiley winking

• L
    Beginner April 2013
    LisBee ·
    • Hide content

I absolutely LOVE the Monsoon dress! It really flatters you and look perfect to me. I wouldnt worry about getting what everyone else expects you to wear. Stick with the Monsoon dress I say! ? xx

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

That first Monsoon dress is gorgeous - by far my favourite of all the ones you've flashed. It looks fab on you too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics