Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tara
Beginner July 2022 East London

Wedding in Greece at a villa

Tara, 6 of January of 2021 at 10:51 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 1 15

Hi everyone! We've decided to rent a large villa abroad (it's looking like Greece is the best option) and have a small wedding under 30 people. We'll be getting legally married in the UK and having the ceremony and everything else at the villa.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any tips for catering would be appreciated! I'm also wondering about hair and make up for myself and the bridesmaids- does anyone have any experience in finding people abroad to help with this? Thanks everyone!

15 replies

Latest activity by Katarzyna, 6 of July of 2023 at 17:34
  • Mig
    Beginner June 2021 Wiltshire
    Mig ·
    • Hide content
    Are you thinking mainland Greece? We're currently working with a wedding coordinator for a wedding in Crete. It was meant to be last summer, but we postponed and went on a holiday instead and absolutely fell in love with the place!
  • Tara
    Tara ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We’ve picked Crete actually! It’s all booked Smiley smile What does a wedding coordinator typically help with and how much do they charge if you don’t mind me asking?
  • Mig
    Mig ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Where abouts?
    Ours is doing everything for us.. ? Venue, music, photographer, videographer, catering, flowers, wedding favours - you name it, it's all on her ?
    Ours is actually similar size to yours, up to 30 people,but as it stands we're having a legal ceremony there.. All in, it's about €8000.When have you booked it for? ?
  • Tara
    Tara ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    €8000 is great for all of that! Ours is booked for August 2022 Smiley smile best of luck!
  • Daisy
    Beginner May 2022 Rethimni
    Daisy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Where about's in Crete are you getting married? I'm getting married in May 2022 in Crete!

• Mig
    Mig ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We've chosen a tavern, slightly outside of Chania, in Kalyves called Koumos. Pictures looked amazing, but seeing it in real life was just another level! ? What about you?
  • Daisy
    Daisy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow sounds lovely! We’re getting married at Agreco farm in rethymno! We went and saw it in august and agreed - real life just makes it all seem real and so much more stunning!
  • Jacq
    Beginner August 2022 Kent
    Jacq ·
    • Hide content
    Hi ladies, I am so glad I stumbled across this post. My partner and I are tentatively exploring the idea of getting married in Greece (probably Crete) in Aug 2022 with around 50 guests. We have NO idea where to start...especially in the middle of pandemic!! Feeling totally overwhelmed by something that should be fun and exciting. Can anyone offer any words of wisdom? Thank you xxx
  • Tara
    Tara ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hello! I was feeling the same as you but the process has actually been easier than anticipated! We have booked a 16 person villa in Crete in July 2022- we found it on Airbnb but a lot of the big villas are actually owned by companies. We ended up booking directly through the company so it worked out cheaper! We’re having the actual wedding at the villa (it was only an additional €500) and we’re allowed up to 45 guests for the actual wedding. The additional people will just stay in accommodation close by Smiley smile Our company also has a lot of great contacts for catering, flowers etc so it’s all been pretty seamless! The company we have booked through is Aegean Villas- highly recommend! Best of luck!
  • Daisy
    Daisy ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Karen,

We have gone through Moments wedding planners and whilst they aren’t the cheapest, I would say they are worth every penny.Their advice, tips, countless quotes and emails have been invaluable and really made the process a lot less painful than I can imagine it would be otherwise!We get married at Agreco on 28.5.22 so it’s only 3 weeks away and they have been excellent! They even booked tables at restaurants for family events, recommended pre/post activities and events to do around the wedding day. If you’re considering it, do it! :-)
    Have you set a date yet?
  • Daisy
    Daisy ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Karen

No problem at all! Yes it’s getting so close now, we are so excited! :-)We paid €4000 I think and feel that has been extremely fair and clear with their pricing structure.They have done everything from creating table plans to dealing with specific dietary requests (vegan, gluten free etc).I don’t really know how I would’ve planned the whole wedding without them if I’m honest. There’s been some things that I just would not know about without them discussing with me.If you have any questions then just reach out, I’m more than happy to help!
  • S
    Beginner June 2024 West Yorkshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

This thread is such a reassurance. We are looking at Kos in Greece to get married but everybody keeps pushing us towards a big travel agents- So they want us to book a holiday and use their wedding plans only. How did you even begin to navigate this mind field?

• J
    Beginner June 2025 Queensland
    Jessie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey can I ask the name of the wedding planner you used? Smiley smile

• Tara
    Tara ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey! We didn't have one - happy to share all of our suppliers if you'd like! It was totally manageable without a wedding planner and we saved so much money Smiley smile

• Katarzyna
    Beginner June 2024 Victoria
    Katarzyna ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Tara,

Just starting to plan my wedding for next year - do you mind contacting me for more details about your wedding? I didn't want to use a wedding planner either but I started to stress out (already had a nightmare about my wedding haha) so I started to consider it.

Let me know if we can connect on FB or email, otherwise could you just give some more details how you organised decorations, food, etc. Pricing and number of guests.

Thanks a lot,

Kasia

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics