Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Wedding in Italy

15 of January of 2014 at 14:19 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 11

Hi there,

my name is Helen and my OH and I are getting married in June this year in Italy...the only problem is I don't know where to start!!

I am trying to plan it without a wedding planner as it will just be the 2 of us and no reception. We have decided on the location of lake Orta and venue Villa Bossi but I am struggling to contact them?

Any advice on the venue, the documents to fill out for getting married in Italy, how many days you have to be there before etc or your stories of getting married there would be greatly appreciated ?

many thanks

Helen x

11 replies

Latest activity by Katie_15s, 11 of February of 2014 at 20:05
  • SecretlyEloped
    Beginner May 2014
    SecretlyEloped ·
    • Hide content

Hi Helen, Welcome to Hitched!

Your intimate Italian wedding sounds gorgeous! We considered getting married in Italy but chose London/Paris as this seemed easier for us. We didn't get as far as finding out document issues etc. so sorry I can't help too much with that.

Your venue looks lovely, but if you're open to other places it might make it easier for you to find somewhere with a UK agent that can help with contact and general support for you - for example, Mr & Mrs Smith, Small Luxury Hotels, and Kuoni all do Italian wedding venues (I think!)

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

My friends are getting married in Italy in August, to be honest they went with a planner and have found it invaluable. I would fly in at least a few days before, I know for ex pats coming back to UK to get married they need to have been in the UK for at least 8 days before the wedding

• SecretlyEloped
    Beginner May 2014
    SecretlyEloped ·
    • Hide content

You can't legally marry in France without spending 40 days there beforehand, so were doing the legal bit here as we can still spend the afternoon and evening in Paris. We love Italy and knew we could do it legally there but London/Paris won out in the end for us.

You have enough time till June so no need to pressure yourself. We found the organising bit is taking longer than we planned - but having a fairly untraditional wedding means we don't have the same time pressures to contend with.

• Italybride14
    Beginner May 2014
    Italybride14 ·
    • Hide content

I'm marrying in Italy! The paperwork is a bit of a slog but I'm nearly there! You have to get a certificate of no impediment, then do a statutory declaration with a solicitor. These then get sent of to the apostille service to get legalised. I'm at this stage so I'm about to send them to my wedding planner. They then sort the rest thankfully x

• LuxuriousIvoryHair84
    Beginner July 2014
    LuxuriousIvoryHair84 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm marrying in positano on the Amalie Coast and staying in sorrento. I don't have a wedding planner and it's been very straightforward. Don't waste your money x

• J
    Beginner September 2014
    Josssh ·
    • Hide content

Hi Helen, I'm going to get married in Italy in Sept, we love this fascinating country!We had our worries about planning a wedding long distance but we wanted something affordable and memorable .After many thoughts I decided to hire a wedding planner, and now I'm really happy! Danila from dama wedding is always contactable, unbelievably helpful and knowledgeable, about everything: venues, paperwork, vendors... Hiring a destination wedding planner who will handle those items for you is a good idea. It helps minimize the stress and save money. She gives great advice and our budget is listened to and observed most attentively. Try to contact damawedding.it team, it is definitely an option worth considering.

Jxx

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

Hi you need to be resident in Italy for 4 days before you can get married. I marry in Italy this year x

• K
    Beginner November 2014
    Katie_15s ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm new to here, and desperately searching for some help on getting married in Italy, so I am glad I've come across so many of you that are doing it and finding it easy.

Those of you who don't have a wedding planner - where an earth did you start? Do you speak Italian? And how easy are you finding it?

Ive initially looked at the Amalfi coast, but still early days and open to other areas.

Those of you with wedding planner. Who would you recommend? And can I be cheeky and ask what your budgets are? We only have £6000 and wondered if that's enough for a max of 30 guests.

Sorry to jumo in on your post.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics