Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner September 2015

wedding in italy

gemmadh, 11 of April of 2014 at 12:54 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 9

Hi,

I am very early in the planning stage but we have decided we want to get married in Italy next year.

My question is about planners. Can anyone recommend a good company to use that can organise accommodation and the wedding?

There are so many out there it would be great to hear from anyway who has been there and done it

Thanks in advance

Xx

9 replies

Latest activity by Sparty, 29 of September of 2014 at 10:28
  • pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I get married in Italy this year. Booked through Thomson Holidays, they then assign you a wedding planner. I booked a lot of my things direct like restaurant, photographer.......it's so easy. Only thing I would say is they can change the date of wedding, this has happened to us but it's not that big a deal. Where are you thinking of getting married in Italy?

• G
    Beginner September 2015
    gemmadh ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we are thinking of Tuscany. I had considered Thomsons but I want us all to be in a villa and have the reception there so I wasn't sure they could do that?!

Where are you getting married? Xx

• A
    Adenphoto ·
    • Hide content

Italy is absolutely gorgeous to get married, also not too expensive for everyone to travel to.

I would recommend having a chat with Thomsons, they have some great package options available and if you don't decide to go with them they are a friendly bunch to have a chat with from what I've found. Just recently booked some tickets to America for a wedding with them.

If you're interested in a photographer out there - have you thought about flying one out there with you for the duration of the trip? Were trying to push our destination packages more and more letting people know for very similar prices you would normally pay we can fly out there and document the whole trip. Giving you time to get your own couples shoot while up there, cover the whole ceremony and reception plus any family functions you might have while out there (days on beach, excursions etc). Its very surprising what we can do Smiley smile

• K
    Beginner August 2015
    klipper13 ·
    • Hide content

Ive booked with Orange Blossom wedding planners. only a small company. Rosanna is very responsive with all queries. My daughter booked with Ionian Weddings last year, they are based in London but cover all Europe.

• J
    Beginner September 2014
    Josssh ·
    • Hide content

Hi Gemma,

We're using Dama Wedding at the moment! We are both very impressed with level of information and suggestive solutions they give.We asked our agent to take care of everything: paperwork (for legally binding) translations, location, music, flowers, all the stuff...She responds to our many, many, many, questions promptly. All the options she provides fit well within our budget, including elements we initally wrote off as being outside of our abilities.I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company further for help with wedding planning Smiley smile

• F
    francescamat ·
    • Hide content

Hi! I got married in 2013 in the South of Italy (I'm Italian and my husband is English).

No point denying that there is quite a lot of paperwork involved and lots of silly charges. So distrust whoever tells you otherwise. But it's definitely worth it in the end! Since my wedding I have put together a lot of contacts and experience (we got married in a catholic church even if my husband is CoE!). I am more than happy to help you find a venue, florist, photographer, accommodation for your guests in exchange for a good testimonial. I can only focus on the puglia/basilicata area because this is where i come from and all my contacts are personal. So if you don't want to go for a big-fee big-agency approach feel free to contact me.

ciao Francesca

• Italybride14
    Beginner May 2014
    Italybride14 ·
    • Hide content

We just married in Calabria and cannot speak highly enough. We used slowdreams x

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Try your wedding venue, I'm shooting in Tuscany this year and the hotel is pretty much providing the planner and organising most of it for the couple.

• E
    edc- ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We recently got married in Calabria Italy and it was amazing!!!

We initially looked at the Bagni di Lucca area in Tuscany but decided Tuscany was over done and then found the gem that is Calabria Smiley smile

Easy to get to direct flights Stansted to Lamezia with Ryanair, accommodation for our guests was very reasonable, the weather was amazing in July and the food to die for, I would definitely recommend it!!!

We did an amazing cliff top wedding in Capo Vaticano - we had the most amazing time and all our friends keep talking about it saying it was the best wedding yet. The professional pics are yet to come but a friend took a few shots of the venue (see attached). It is a beautiful part of Italy and it was a lot cheaper that getting married in the UK.

The venue comes with a wedding planner and they have a nearby by Villa that is walking distance to the venue which can accomodate upto 50 guests - our extra guest then stayed in a couple of the nearby hotels and resorts - it was easy and counting the fact we were 172 guests relatively stress free!!!

this is the place www.ilfaro-wedding.com - the venue had the real wow-factor!!!!

I hope that is helpful Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner May 2016
    Sparty ·
    • Hide content

I have booked with Ionian Weddings for a wedding Sorrento - they also offer packages for other places in Italy such as Rome and Venice but worth a look at their website. (Plus they do all the paperwork bits for you as part of the package, which is great - although I am still nervous about details as we are just at the start of the planning at the moment! But so far they have been professional and helpful!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics