Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Saralou39000
Beginner October 2015

Wedding in Kos - recommendations

Saralou39000, 10 of February of 2014 at 09:41 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0

Hi all,

I feel a bit of a fraud being on here as not even booked my wedding yet ?

However while looking at both home and abroad we potentially settled on Kos for a wedding abroad. Anyone else planning a wedding in this area? Hopefully either be Blue Lagoon Resort or The Portobello Royal.

I have recieved a break down of prices from Thomson regarding The Blue Lagoon and it seems quite reasonable (however not sure on the locations of either the pool or the beach - the pool looks lovely but am concerened for picking my way through sunbathers to get to it?)

Thomson don't currently do weddings at Portobello (although fingers crossed they will for 2015) but a lot of independent companies online seem to offer this as an options.

If anyone has got married here or in the process of planning I would love to hear your ideas. Always difficult when you can't see location for yourself, although the photos look fab.

• S
    Beginner April 2015
    SunnyIvoryDecor62 ·
    • Hide content

Have you been to Kos before? Only asking, as we're looking for a honeymoon destination...we're getting married in Crete next year. We have been there several times before, loved the venue and the manageress at our apartments is acting as our wedding planner, which is cutting the costs a lot (some package marriages cost a fortune!) Most of it seems easy enough to sort yourselves.

I guess my other reason for posting is make sure you go through recommendations, the pictures for getting married in Crete are beautiful, but the chapel by the lake which is recommended is covered in graffeti and i only know this as i have seen it-obviously it is not in the photos on the websites! Just be careful booking somewhere you havent been is all i'm saying x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics