Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner January 2011

wedding in mexico cost or greece...???

loulou001, 27 of February of 2012 at 18:21 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 6

Hi i was planning to get married in tsivili in greece next year which looks lovely and we could invate a good few guests as its not hugely expensive to travel there from uk, but we also like the look of mexico! which for us would work out cheaper overall (i think) as its all inc over there and im told most weddings are included in the stay, anyone have any info at all or experience of either?

thanks

ps weve priced Greece at about £6500 inc the wedding day and night and a decent hotel for 2 weeks for us and our son who will be 3, weve priced mexico at around £3000-£4000

6 replies

Latest activity by bella.sy, 29 of March of 2012 at 17:21
  • A
    Beginner June 2012
    AngsoontobeOrr ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I am getting married in Tsilvili in Greece this year, my 1st choice was Mexico as we could have done 3 weeks with a lot more included than the 2 weeks we are having in Zante. The reason we decided on Greece in the end was because my mam and dad were really upset and wanted to come and i know that due to medical issues they really couldnt afford it. There are 24 people coming out to Greece so far and i now think that this was the right decision for us.

HTH if you do decide on Zante the ladies on the Zante thread are lovely and there are a couple on there getting married in Tsilvili in 2013.

• L
    Beginner January 2011
    loulou001 ·
    • Hide content

Ill have a look thanks, yea its really about the family being able to come so that might be our deal breaker aswel ...

thanks

• Jokaty82
    Beginner May 2012
    Jokaty82 ·
    • Hide content

Most the time the weddings are only free in Mexico if you have a certain 'group size' or if you are staying in a high room grading. So it might not be cheaper than Zante, however you have to decide how important it is for you having guests there. You may find some would go to Mexico, but might get more as Zante is a lot closer.

By the way I love Mexico, you could always go back after for a honeymoon?! Zante will be great for your little one also xx

• L
    Beginner January 2011
    loulou001 ·
    • Hide content

Hi jokaty82, yea it looks stunning if we dont get married there im deffinately having a honeymoon there! weve started getting hotel prices for here aswel now and some are suprisingly cheap so... yet another option ha

thanks for the advise

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    Mrsbeevers2b ·
    • Hide content

Hey!!!

Hope the wedding plans are going well. We really liked the idea of mexico too, and some of the places look absolutly beautiful, and a bit cheaper.

I think we've decided on going for the best of both worlds though which is 5* all inclusive hotel in Rhodes. It is possibly going to work out a bit more expensive but as its closer and theres lots of other different priced hotels in the area more family will be able to come. My oh's brother will have an 18 month old girl when we go away and I knew they wouldn't bring her out of europe. We had to deicde that if it was just me and my partner we would be happy with that, but then whatever extra family could come we would be really happy and do our best to accomodate them.

Hope this was useful!!!

• Kayels
    Beginner May 2013
    Kayels ·
    • Hide content

I was planning on mexico also as we got engaged there and stayed in a stunning hotel in playa del carmen Smiley smile. However due to elderly family and young children we decided on Santorini. The wedding package has come in for about £3500 over there with Ionian weddings, but i know Santorini is quite expensove on hotels aswell. I have been to tsivili in Zante and its gorgeous!!.. i think you could get a good deal over there and the five star hotels in mexico can be abit pricey during the high season. Im sure it will beautiful whichever you choose ?

• B
    Beginner
    bella.sy ·
    • Hide content

Greece is a lovely place. I prefer Greece. You'll get married once!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics