Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner September 2012

Wedding in Northern Cyprus

christabella6, 9 June, 2011 at 11:00 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 10

Hi ladies we are planning our wedding for Aug 2012 in Northern Cyprus. Has anyone or is anyone also planning one there? Would be great to be able to share thoughts and views with someone doing the same. I am finding it difficult to get my head around the legalities and what we need to bring to the Embassy and what we will need to bring over there to get the marriage licence. When i ask for help over there they just tell me to get a wedding planner but we want to do it oursevles and have been told that the wedding planners over there are over rated.

10 replies

Latest activity by joanna123, 16 June, 2011 at 10:36
  • R
    rossmark22 ·
    • Hide content

I think it's really best that you get a wedding planner because if you do it yourself and you make a mistake or have processed the wrong document then that's additional expenses for you whereas if you hire a wedding planner, they take care of everything and they are also responsible for everything. I think it's a matter of getting the best deal for a wedding planner out there. It's just my opinion.

• G
    Beginner November 2009
    Georgiem ·
    • Hide content

Hi. I haven’t been on here since last year and I forgot my old login details!! I just saw you post whilst browsing so thought I would tell you quickly of our experience.

We got married last year at Bellapais Abbey and then had a reception at the Ambiance restaurant. We used a wedding planner and I have to say she was just brilliant, and we could not have done things so well without her. From the first point of contact up until when we left to go home a week after the wedding she was there for us and nothing was too much trouble. I’m not sure who told you the wedding planners there are overrated, and obviously I can’t speak for them all, but we really couldn’t praise highly enough the lady we used.

Why don’t you check out her site – her name is Vashti and I think you’ll find her testimonials say it all!! www.north-cyprusweddings.com

GOOD LUCK with your big day – if it’s anything like ours you will not regret doing it in beautiful Northern Cyprus xx

• C
    Beginner September 2012
    christabella6 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Georgiem,

Many thanks for the rely. I hope you had a lovely wedding at Bellapais. Its an amasing place to have one. I have been going to TRNC now for 6 years and i still find that place beautiful. We also are having our civil wedding in Bellapais Abbey and then a party at my new inlaws villa. We are also having a church wedding in St Elizabeths down in Kyrenia but we havent decided where we are having the reception afterwards yet. I am lucky in that my partners parents live over there and do alot of the sourcing of things for me. Which is kinda why i dont really need a wedding planner. They are my wedding planners..lol. In the begining i did contact Vashti as she is the best but unfortunatley she is fully booked around the time of our inteneded wedding. There are some others but my inlaws said they would do it.

Can you remember what paper work you had to do for your wedding? I have all of the church wedding paperwork done and its on its way to the church in Nicosia for them to deal with. Its just the civil wedding stuff which i am not 100% sure of. I contacted the TRNC Embassy but they were very unhelpful. I do know that we are required to go there 3 mths before the wedding with two witnesses and provide our passports etc. We are also required to give them a statement of freedom which is signed by a solicitor. Where did you obtain yours from as my solicitor is asking £70 each to draft one. When you went there did they just photo copy it and give it back to you? As i understand that we will need to bring it again to the muncipall office when we arrive in TRNC when we apply for our marriage licence. Also can you please tell me which airport you flew into as i am sure you are aware of the politics between the two countries.

Would it be ok to contact you again as you are actually the first person i have been in contcat with who has been married in Northern Cyprus. My e-mail contact is ***************@*****.**.**

Many thanks for contcating me. x

• J
    Beginner July 2012
    joanna123 ·
    • Hide content

Hi we are getting married at belapais on 06/06/12 and are struggling with evening entertainment. What was your reception like?

Many thanks

Jo

• C
    Beginner September 2012
    christabella6 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jo,

We havent had our wedding yet its not unti Aug 2012. We have a DJ lined up who is a friend of my inlaws to be. I am going over there to stay with them for 6 wks this summer so i am going to go around and listen to a few bands / groups then.

Have you organised your wedding yourself or have you used a wedding planner? We are having our civil wedding cermony at Bellapias and a party at my inlaws. Then two days later we are having a church wedding in the ctaholic church in Kyrenia but have yet to find a venue for the reception. Going to go around a few of the hotels when i am over. Are you having wedding and reception at the Abbey? Would be good to keep in touch.

Christine

• J
    Beginner July 2012
    joanna123 ·
    • Hide content

Hello Christine,

Yes doing it all at the Abbey as I think it will be easier for us to keep everyone in the same place as we doing know the area at all (actually never been). I have seen pics tho and it all looks stunning so I cant see how we can go wrong, fingers crossed. Yes we are using a lady calle Teresa Cefa who is helping us. she is going to a party on Saturday and the singer does a bit of Swing which we love (ie Frank Sinatra etc) and a bit of everything else so she is going to let us know what he is like. We want something that will fit the mood during the day and then let us all dance in the evening.

Are you quite organised? I have surprised myself and got our villa and most of our guests villas sorted already. Is yours going to be a big wedding?

Speak soon

Jo x

• C
    Beginner September 2012
    christabella6 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jo,

Oh you will not be disappointed by Bellapais it is beautiful. I am over there for 6 wks this summer from july 21st and i will be going around listening to bands etc if you want to send me your email address i can keep in touch with you and let you know what they are like. My e-mail is ***************@*****.**.** just drop me aline with yours.

I have pretty much organised my church wedding and got the bridesmaids and flowergirls dresses. Just last night we got our wedding reception organised. We are now having it in the Pia Bella hotel which is down in the town of Kyrenia. I had originally want to have my meal and everything at the Abbey but i got swayed by the cheaper price the hotels were offering me.

As for the civil we havent apporached the abbey, as i want to have it there, for a date yet. Need to do it soon. Then the bbq at my new inlaws also needs organising.

At the minute we havent got our numbers but we have invited over 70 so we shall see. How about you?

Christine x

• J
    Beginner July 2012
    joanna123 ·
    • Hide content

HI Christine

Have emailed you as thought it would be easier

x

• J
    Beginner July 2012
    joanna123 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We are getting married also at the Belapais June 2012 and at the moment are thinking of our meal there also but after reading your reply and looking the place up I love the look of the Ambience. i was wondering if you could send me some info at all on what your reception was like at all?

Many thanks

Jo

• C
    Beginner September 2012
    christabella6 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jo didnt just to let you know i didint recieve your e-mail. Will just send you it again incase i miss wrote it ***************@*****.**.**

Christine x

• J
    Beginner July 2012
    joanna123 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Christine,

Have resent but try mine incase it doesnt work again:

********@*******.***

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups