Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner May 2016

wedding in portugal...

ashleyandnick2016, 12 of March of 2014 at 22:46 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 10

Hello I am new to hitched so am hoping I am doing this right!

We have decided on Portugal to be our destination to get married, has any one else had a wedding in Portugal or organising a wedding in Portugal?

Any advise would be greatly received

Ashley xx

10 replies

Latest activity by samwillow, 21 of July of 2016 at 07:14
  • AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, I'm of no help with your question but just wanted to say welcome to hitched x

• K
    Beginner October 2014
    Kimmiechap ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ashley congrats on your wedding plans i’m also organizing my wedding in portugal, firstly we wanted to do it ourselves but as we are very busy at work have decided for a wedding planner, our hearts were set around the eastern part of the Algarve the Tavira area but now have moved on to Alvor. We have contacted a few wedding planners and finally booked Rebecca http://www.algarveweddingsbyrebecca.com/ as we fell she understood our wishes better. Our wedding is a mixed one my boyfriend is brazilian I know it wud be difficult or almost impossible to get his whole family and friends all the way from Brazil so only a few will be flying from Brazil to attend the wedding like his close family and a couple of good friends therefore we’re expecting a small group only. As music is of such importance to us we booked double cocktail they are the band that performs most of the abroad weddings according to the revues online, I know they will be able to cater for our English/irish/brazilian guests.

What kind of venue are you looking at? Let me know if you need any help or Rebecca’s contact and I’ll gladly forward it to you. best of luck with the planning x

• A
    Beginner May 2016
    ashleyandnick2016 ·
    • Hide content

Ahh hello bekkijane thank you xx

• A
    Beginner May 2016
    ashleyandnick2016 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kimmiechap, thank you and to you too! We are also hoping to use Rebecca as the same as you she has come across to be really friendly and nothing Is a problem! Were looking at a villa wedding, around villamoura. Not sure on guest numbers etc yet just want to find our ideal wedding venue first and then we shall go from there. Have you discussed the marriage licence yet? about having to be in the country a few days before the wedding??

Thank you for contacting me lovely to know someone else has chosen Portugal and Rebecca xx

• K
    Beginner October 2014
    Kimmiechap ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ashley sorry for the late reply Rebecca has shown me a few gorgeous villas in Villamoura unfortunately they were a bit too big for our group. Best to know how many guest you are expecting before booking a venue imagine you book a big villa expecting a large group and only half shows up then would be better a restaurant maybe or a smaller villa.

I’m sorry I cant be of help on the abroad legal side of things we are only having a blessing no need for a marriage license doing the legal bit at home before the wedding. we will be signing a make believe register for the pics and for our guests like the real thing no one needs to know we will be already legally married before that. Ask Rebecca about the license I'm pretty sure she will be able to help you on that.

Let me know if you need any extra help or advise on suppliers as we have contacted a few ones online before making any definite decisions.

Happy planning ?

• R
    Beginner October 2016
    Rhisheds ·
    • Hide content

Could you help

i am getting married in Portugal this year. We have hit a slight language barrier with our planner.

the issue is we dont know who needs to sign our power of attorney to allow the planner to get thr ceremony organised.

any advice or help would be amazing!!!!!!

thanks

• R
    Beginner October 2016
    Rhisheds ·
    • Hide content

hi

could you help

i am getting married in lortugal this year

we have hit a slight language barrier

we are unsure who needs to sign our power of attorney to allow our wedding planner to organise our ceremony for us.

any advice you have would be amazing!!!!!

thank you

• S
    Beginner April 2016
    samwillow ·
    • Hide content

Theres many people choose portugal? why?

what is the best destination there?

• Letitbecake
    Beginner August 2016
    Letitbecake ·
    • Hide content

HI Rhisheds I got married in Portugal and I'm portuguese. I'm not sure how to solve your problem, but if there is anything you need translated please do let me know. Happy to help

• Letitbecake
    Beginner August 2016
    Letitbecake ·
    • Hide content

Samwillow There are so many villas all around Portugal that you can hire out for weddings, then there are the amazing castles throughout as well as many old heritage buildings, the food is usually good and the weather is guaranteed. We got married in Portugal 8 years ago. Would do it all over again.

• S
    Beginner April 2016
    samwillow ·
    • Hide content

Hi ashley, welcome to the group

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics