Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2014

Wedding In Portugal!!! need Help!!!

amando, 24 of February of 2013 at 22:14 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 4

Hi me and my partner are having a small wedding in portugal next year, and are starting to plan it as we speak.

The one thing that we need advice on, is about the night time do, do we have one? if we do, do we have a d.j.? as the wedding is only for 20people, If possible we would like some advice from people that have had a small wedding and what they did after there reception, we want a relaxed intimate wedding, but we also want a wedding thats fun and got lots of life. All ideas would be appreciated, thank u Smiley smile xx

4 replies

Latest activity by Rhisheds, 9 of June of 2016 at 09:58
  • E
    Beginner September 2013
    Emma6 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I'm also getting married in Portugal Smiley smile Our wedding is in September and we are having about 20-30 guests. I think it depends on how important it is to you and what your budget is really. Have you found a ceremony venue? Are you having a meal after the ceremony?

We're having a meal after the ceremony in a cornered off section of a restaurant. Originally I hated the idea of being in a restaurant where there would be other guests! However when we looked into it most restaurants wouldn't hold a private wedding party during the busy summer period (including September). Most places that would hold a reception would also cost a lot and we didn't see it as worthwhile. We're just planning to have drinks at the restaurant bar after the meal and hoping that things just fall into place!

If you're getting married at a hotel they tend to have more reception options including a DJ so if you speak to them or the people that you're booking with they should be able to advise you. Or you could speak to your wedding planner if you have one. They can then give you prices and you can see if you think it will be worthwhile.

I think most things can be arranged if you have the budget! Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner
    LeahBraith ·
    • Hide content

Hey Amando, congratulations on your wedding! And wow, Portugal is stunning, you won't regret it. My partner and I were married in Dubrovnik last year and having your wedding abroad in such an incredible place really does create unforgettable memories for everyone. Regarding the evening party we did not bother with either a band or a DJ. As part of our RSVPs, we asked guests to select a couple of tracks they wanted to hear on the day. My partner, who has been in the music business for many years, then created an amazing 3 hour continuous mix from our guest's selections. The venue supplied a sound system and we simply put the mix on using an iPod, let everyone hit the dance floor and create their own atmosphere. No need for a cheesy DJ, just great guests, great location and great music properly mixed together. If this sounds interesting then click on the link in my signature or email my husband directly: ****@**********.**.**. If you want to hear some sample mixes, visit his Soundcloud page: https://soundcloud.com/mypartymix. Also much cheaper than a DJ and you get to keep the mix everyone enjoyed for posterity. Good luck!

• A
    Beginner August 2014
    amando ·
    • Hide content

Hi Emma and Leahbraith thank you for your advice, Yes Emma we have decided on a venue in the old town of albuferia, its in a hotel on the cliffside, we have a wedding planner and are currently in talks with them, about prices, it looks like the price we had in mind, is not going to be the right price, as it turns out everything looks more expensive as we go further into it. So we probably wont have a DJ, we wasnt sure on it anyway, yours and Leahbraiths idea are both really good, we were having a evening meal but we might have to cut that down to a buffet as it is 1.700euros just for evening meal. Were about are u getting married emma? congratulations!!!! x Smiley smile

So we will probably do the same have drinks and see were the night takes us.

Leahbraith I like your idea of a mix that would be a really good atmosphere while having meal or buffet. i will look at your links and get back to you Smiley smile

Thank you to you both im getting excited now!!!! Smiley smile

• E
    Beginner September 2013
    Emma6 ·
    • Hide content

Ooh I love Albufeira old town, it's where I got engaged! ? Which hotel is it? Food is expensive, though ours is a much lower price than some other places we looked at! We've found things like flowers and cakes expensive, as they only offered us one supplier for each. We're getting married at Lady of the Rock in Armacao de Pera.

It is very exciting once you've found a place Smiley smile

• R
    Beginner October 2016
    Rhisheds ·
    • Hide content

Hi

could you help

i am getting married in lortugal this year

we have hit a slight language barrier

we are unsure who needs to sign our power of attorney to allow our wedding planner to organise our ceremony for us.

any advice you have would be amazing!!!!!

thank you

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics