Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner May 2013

Wedding in Sorrento

chevo82, 24 of November of 2011 at 13:35 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 15

We are planning our wedding for May 2013 and have chosen Sorrento as our destination! The Cloisters looks a lovely location for a civil ceremony and I believe that it is here we will have it. The big decision is where to have the reception!

There will be maximum 35 people at our wedding so nothing big but I would love a stunning venue that has magnificent views without being too pricey!! has anyone got married in Sorrento that can give me any pointers??

I have heard and read good reviews for Relais Blu and Bellevue Syrene and, i must admit, the pictures look gorgeous which makes it even harder! We are planning to head out to Italy next year to have a look at places but thought I'd get an idea first.

Can anyone recommend good and reliable wedding planners? I have heard that Book of Dreams are good but it would be great if anyone has first hand experience to offer help and advice!

I would be extremely grateful for any 'overseas' wedding advice!!

xx

15 replies

Latest activity by neekolar, 2 of November of 2012 at 22:41
  • JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there. I am getting married in Positano in May 2013 too ?

We're not using a planner but a friend of a friend got married in The Cloisters and used Book of Dreams as her planner and she was delighted with everything. They didn't have a reception as it was just the two of them.

For our reception we are having it in a large villa that we are hiring for the week but we have looked at; Relais Blu, Foreigner's Club, Music on the Rocks, La Terrazza, Francisichellios (SP?), Il Borgo, L'Antica Trattoria..... We were leaning towards Fancischiello's as we have eaten there before and loved it, but have now decided to have it in our villa.

Good luck, it's very exciting :-)

• C
    Beginner May 2013
    chevo82 ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

It's good to hear a positive review about the wedding planner!

Do you mind me asking what villa you are hiring? A lot of places we have looked at only allow lounge music for the evening unless we hire the entire hotel. And i'm not sure if our guests would want to do that - I'm conscious of keeping costs down for their accommodation! I have also heard that other wedding parties have moved onto the Foreigners Club for their evening drinks but I'm a bit skeptical on going to 'a pub' in my wedding dress!! Or am i thinking too much along the lines of an English pub?!

xx

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

It's not like an English pub or club as far as I can tell but it's not the sort of place I fancy either.

We are hoping to stay here; https://villamiragalli.com/ We'll be staying for a week or maybe two and sharing it with our kids, my Mum, brother and his GF and my Nan.

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

Oh also to add Hotal Antica Mura looks great. Lovely place to stay with very reasonable prices for central Sorrento and they have their own seperate villa for weddings where they do your food and reception etc etc.

• C
    Beginner May 2013
    chevo82 ·
    • Hide content

Wow! Thanks for the links! The Villa Antica Mura looks amazing! I've already got a reply from them (I requested info after seeing your link!)

Good luck with your wedding planning!

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We got engaged in Ristorante Il Borgo - the views are stunning, the service excellent, and the food divine!

• S
    skrob ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for sharing and good luck with the thread.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding in the Foreigner's Club last year. We were meant to eat outside, but it was too windy, so they moved us into a function room which was curtained off from the "pub" part of it. A friend of mine went to a wedding there this year and they managed to eat outside.

Later in the night, they opened up the curtain and you could move into the pub part of it. They had a dance floor with a live duo (I think) which anyone could use, but it was really only the wedding guests that did (probably the only ones drunk enough!). It was surprisingly good fun.

• M
    Beginner January 2014
    matt.gunn ·
    • Hide content

We have a Sorrento in Melbourne Victoria Australia as well. and the Sorrento here is beachy and relaxed perfect for summer weddings. its really amazing. I am planning my big day there and was thinking that would be pretty awesome.

I was looking into few wedding rings here and found these guys called the diamond exchange pretty amazing.

they have really cool stuff.

• K
    keely12 ·
    • Hide content

Lovely place to stay with very reasonable prices for central Sorrento and they have their own seperate villa for weddings where they do your food and reception etc etc.

• T
    Tricialen ·
    • Hide content

I was looking into few wedding rings here and found these guys called the diamond exchange pretty amazing.

• A
    antoirolla ·
    • Hide content

Buongiorno da Sorrento,

I'm Antonella, from Spotlight Wedding Planner in Sorrento, and I'll be happy to help you organize your wedding in this wonderful land!

Please contact *********@************.**

Ciao da Spotlight

• K
    kaiter200 ·
    • Hide content

It's not like an English pub or club as far as I can tell but it's not the sort of place I fancy either.

• A
    antoirolla ·
    • Hide content

The Foreigner's Club is a restaurant located no far from Piazza Tasso, the center of town, with a wonderful panoramic terrace by the sea...if you wish we'll send you some photos and more details....

• T
    Beginner November 2012
    Travellady ·
    • Hide content

Just posted this to someone else too lol... theres a friend/ and friend of a friend who used a UK planner who spend 4-6 month over the summer in Italy called Julie www.mysecretitaly.com see if she can help she deals in all areas x

• N
    Beginner January 2011
    neekolar ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I am also keen to look into Sorrento as a wedding destination. How have you booked the ceremony? I have had a look at various websites, but seem to see a lot of people saying they're having difficulty confirming a specific wedding date. It just concerns me that you might not know what date you're getting married until fairly last minute. I just wanted to ask what experiences you have had in booking your wedding?

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics