Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner

Wedding in Spain or Majorca

lexiruby, 4 of March of 2010 at 20:03 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 11

Hi there

I have recently got engaged and we are looking to get married in Spain or Majorca. I think our preference is for Majorca as we have been on holiday together as a couple there a few times and absolutely love it. We are going to go out in June time and have a look round some venues, I have had a look online but just wondered if anyone was planning a wedding there or had any experience of a particular venue that you could recommend. Then we can visit it on our trip.

Also how easy is it to organise suppliers etc. I am very new to this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Lexi

11 replies

Latest activity by daniellestack, 24 of April of 2012 at 01:14
  • M
    Beginner
    madisonlh ·
    • Hide content

Hi there, my friend got married in Majorca last year at a place called the Yacht Club Cala d'Or. I do like a good wedding but it was the best one I'd ever been to. It was just different from in the UK. After the church service, we all hopped on a tourist train and were driven round the marina to the front of the Club. We had a cocktail reception on a terrace around the pool and it looked out onto the marina and a great spanish guitarist playing, people were dancing at the canapes stage! The sit down dinner was delicious and afterwards they had flamenco dancers and a DJ. Loads of the guests all jumped in the pool at midnight and the staff were there to greet us when we got out with towels and coffee. The next day we all met up at the Yacht Club again and had cocktails and a BBQ. Such a great weekend. If you like I can ask my friend the name of the wedding co-ordinator she used, she was based in the UK but worked for the Yacht Club. Have fun planning, Majorca is a great place!

Madi

• J
    Beginner
    junglejim ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lexi,

I got married in Majorca last year (in Pollensa) and used a wedding planner / catering company called Gourmetclique based in Palma...they were brilliant....found us the venue and organised the whole thing.....I can't remeber the website...try Googling it. The lady incharge is called Steph and she will be able to help you out......good luck! ?

Junglejim

• P
    Beginner
    princesskell81 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

would you recommend using a wedding planner if getting married in Mallorca- I was hoping to plan myself as I know the venue I would like and only want a really small event. However I am worried things could get tricky with language. Are they expensive?

K

• J
    Beginner
    junglejim ·
    • Hide content

K,

The language shouldn't be a problem...if you have a venue in Majorca make sure you go and look at it. As for wedding planners if you are organised and like planning do it yourself......I found the people that we used www.gourmetclique.com the person to speak to is Steph....she was great....they did all the catering,tables,glasses,flowers etc.....and the food of course....it couldn't have been better.

J

• KateyP
    Beginner February 2010
    KateyP ·
    • Hide content

Hi, which venue are you using? I'm planning (well, 'thinking'...I haven't done anything yet!) for 2012. I'm desperate for venue ideas.

Best of luck x

• J
    Beginner
    junglejim ·
    • Hide content

K,

If you send an email to *****@*************.*** she will send you some of the venues (description and pics)they have in Majorca.

Regards

J

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lexi,

We went out to Cala D'Or Yacht Club last month and it was amazing. They do a deal for 50 guests for £5k and you won't be disappointed with the facilites. The only snag with us was that the accommodation / beaches / shopping for friends / family wouldn't have worked.

https://www.yccalador.com/english/weddings_intro.html

The also have their own wedding co-ordinator and they do a deal if you want to go and view aswell, worth contacting them for.

Good luck.

• J
    jorton ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

madisonlh you gave very good information this will really help them a lot. i think from my point of view you have to go for spain because i think spain is more good. but if you like Majorca than it is also good.

good luck!!

photos on canvas

• S
    Beginner
    steph41 ·
    • Hide content

We are having the same dilema however Majorca looks more favorable. We are going to go to the registry office here (as it is not recognised in Majorca apparently) then have a ceremony and reception in Majorca. We are trying to keep costs down so have decided not to use a wedding planner as we want to keep it simple - ceremony and a meal for the 10 members family. Some of the costs I have been quoted have been horrendous!!!! One place wanted 11k!! If anyone has any ideas/prices please let me know!

Many thanks!!!!!!

• P
    Beginner
    princesskell81 ·
    • Hide content

I found I really nice wedding planner who said she could do as much or as little as we wanted-charigng 50Euros per hour of her time. We are having a go ourselves with her on standby if we come up against any problems!!

So far looking at hotel in Ses Salinas, Mallorca for ceremony and then to nearby restaurant for meal (only 25 guests)-hopefully the hotel will be ok with doing ceremoney only and no meal, if not we will have the ceremony in the village church and just use the hotel for rooms. we've booked registry office for legal bit first.

Everything does seem very expensive so far-been quoted 80euros per head for meal (is 4 course with wine though) and extra charge for hiring out restaurant. We will save a lot on other things though.

K

• L
    Beginner September 2011
    Laura & James ·
    • Hide content

Hi, We wanted to leave a note here to hopefully help anyone who wants to get married in Majorca. We got married in September 2011 in South West Majorca. Initially we made enquiries with a number of planners and arranged to meet with 3 back in Jun 2010. It became quickly apparent that we would be choosng Steph and www.gourmetclique.com.

Steph listened to what we were looking for and came up with a variety of amazing venues and churches. We visited Steph in November 2010 and she took us out for a fun day to the venues and churches.

We settled on the resort of Illetas for our wedding party (80 guests) and a church in Portals sat on top of the cliffs.

The venue was the most beautiful building we have ever visited. It is a Spanish stately Finca situated in olive groves on the road the Valdemossa from palma.

It was the most amazing wedding most of our guests had been to and people are still talking about it to us now. As for the food, it was the best wedding food we had ever, and we dined in outsid en the courtyard under candlelight

Steph was a brilliant wedding planner and caterer. She never puts pressure on you to make decisions, she gives you the options and offers her advise. She was always available to speak or email to and nothing was too much trouble. Steph has excellent contacts in majorca and we would never have been able to have such an amazing experience without her.

Since the wedding, 2 couples who were there have booked weddings in majorca with Steph in 2012, we wich we could do it al over again.

If anyone has any questions that we might be able to help with, please get in touch.

• D
    daniellestack ·
    • Hide content

Hola todos!

I am also a wedding photographer from NYC, living in Mallorca throughout 2012. I offer very affordable packages.

Please take a look at my work! And let me know if you would like more information! Muchas gracias

[www.facebook.com]
    www.daniellestackphotography.com
    www.daniellestack.com

Danielle Stack
    665 32 0006

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics