Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner October 2014

wedding in the Dominican Republic. Has anyone had there wedding in punta cana?

Helenuk, 8 of October of 2013 at 13:29 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi

I am looking at getting married in Dominican Republic at dreams palm beach punta cana in October 2014.

I am really struggling with the planning and I am panicking about booking the holiday encase the resort is not as beautiful as it looks on the pictures. Also you cannot finalise any details until you arrive and having difficulty leaving it to the last few days before the wedding. Is it as simple as the planner makes it sound?

If anyone has had there wedding abroad especially if you have been to palm beach could you please advise if its more stressful going abroad to marry?

One last thing, how seriously do I have to consider how big my dress will be? Has anyone had a dress they regretted wearing because they were to hot to enjoy there big day?

Thanks in advance for any advice shared

Helen

5 replies

Latest activity by NathalieSB, 5 of December of 2013 at 14:29
  • C
    Beginner November 2013
    cath4512 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Helen, I'm getting married in Jamaica in 5 weeks. Mine has been straightforward to plan as there is just the two of us going over there. It has been stressfree tbh & its planning the party back home after that has been more stressful.

I went on tripadvisor & really researched the hotels/resorts. I read reviews & messaged people who had got married there. Everyone was really helpful so maybe give that a try. I'm sure you will find someone who has got married there if you read through the reviews.

I have bought a destination dress as I didnt want to be too hot & end up feeling uncomfortable. You also need to consider how the dress will travel & if it can be taken on as hand luggage..........theres no way I'm putting my dress in the hold.

I hope this is of some help & if you think of anything else I may be able to help with just drop my an email.

Cath x

• H
    Beginner October 2014
    Helenuk ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much for your advice. I will certainly look for someone who has married there through trip adviser.

Allthe best for your big day to come

Helen x

• L
    Beginner March 2015
    LuxuriousBrownDecor72 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

I am also planning on getting married at the dreams punta cana in march 2015.

I just wondered of u had booked and how things are going? Im really nervous about booking as its alot of money if it ends up not being perfect... im stressing loads. Any advice would be great.

Thank you

Sarah. Xx

• H
    Beginner October 2014
    Helenuk ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sarah

I have had no problems booking at all. Amy from bluebay.com which is who I have booked with has been fantastic.

I now have 3contacts of which i have 2 wedding planners, one here in uk and the main wedding coordinator on dreams palm beach to ask any questions as often as I want.

There responses are almost immediate too.

Don't get me wrong, I am stressing all the same with the idea of having to leave a lot of planning until we arrive at palm beach but from what most people are saying its pretty easy and stess free.

One lady told me planning the after party for when they came home was more stressful than the wedding itself although we are not having an after party as all our guests are coming to the wedding.

I think the best thing is to book. You've got plenty of time to plan if you book now. Iv only got til oct next year and apart from confirming the wedding date amd judge I've planned nothing else yet. uh oh!!! Lol.

Hope this helps put your mind at rest. Any questions fire away I will do my best to answer.

Helen xx

• R
    Beginner March 2014
    RedRose14 ·
    • Hide content

We are spending our honeymoon here in May Smiley smile

Perhaps you could message someone on trip advisor who has had their wedding there recently? I think there's a few recent ones. Here's the link https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g147293-d150863-Reviews-Dreams_Palm_Beach_Punta_Cana-Punta_Cana_La_Altagracia_Province_Dominican_Republic.html

Or you could message someone on their facebook page, to see about their experience? They will able to reassure you and give you tips surely? https://www.facebook.com/DreamsPalmBeach?fref=ts

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

If you are planning on going to the Dominion republic do bare in mind you need jabs! So best look into this with any of the carribean, I think its hep B?! B or A!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics