Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2014

Wedding in Venice

Sam:-), 31 of July of 2013 at 22:16 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi all,

First time on here so am very excited to potentially be getting advice from hundreds of people with lots of wedding experience as I have zero!

We've been engaged since April and are trying to find a venue but don't want to spend a fortune but want t a lot of the traditional wedding activities.

As such just discussed Venice as an option - cut guest list from 100 down to 30 close friends and family, possibly cut out things like cake and favours etc.

Am thinking, civil ceremony, full on wedding dress etc and outfits for the Groom, best man, bridesmaid and fathers, then reception at a hotel, canapes, prosecco reception, music, photos, then 3 course meal with wine and beer, then speeches, then live band and drinks.

So my question (questions actually!) are:

• Can you do it without using a wedding planner?
  • How much is the civil ceremony?
  • Any ideas on good hotels that wouldn't be too expensive to hire a large room and do the food and drinks and we'd be able to hire a band
  • Any ideas on how to find a band in Venice?
  • Should I worry about flowers and other decorations usually associated with a wedding?
  • Am skipping on table plans etc - will do cheap place cards.

Am so lost, so any help anyone can give would be much appreciated!

Thanks all?

Sam

5 replies

Latest activity by Sam:-), 1 of August of 2013 at 12:52
  • miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sam, welcome to hitched ?

Unfortunately I have no useful advice on getting married in Venice, but it sounds lovely, very romantic ;-)

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Hey, it is possible to do it without a wedding planner, but it might mean you going ahead yourselves a bit earlier to make sure everything is sorted, which in itself might incur the hotel costs of a wedding planner. Tbh personally I'd save the hassle and go for a planner, and they can sort out all the other questions as that's their job!

• Laura DeBourde
    Laura DeBourde ·
    • Hide content

Hello Sam and welcome to the forum! ?

Miss M makes a good point about the fees and licenses to get married in another country - that's why I think it would be worth going to a planner and having them help you, especially if they have done weddings abroad before. I also wouldn't really know where to start with planning a wedding in Venice (sounds lovely by the way) if you didn't want to hire a planner, I think going out there for a short trip and visiting yourself is also a good idea.

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Sam:-) ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone!

I will look into some wedding planners and see where I get to!

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics