Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner August 2023 Essex

Wedding insomnia

Poppy, 9 of January of 2023 at 07:15 Posted on Planning 0 7
Has anyone figured out how to sleep whilst planning a wedding? I lay awake for hours every night just thinking about the silliest things. As far as I know we're on track with planning so there's no real reason to stress but my brain doesn't seem to know that! Any tips for clearing your mind before bed?

Thanks

7 replies

Latest activity by Billy, 18 of January of 2023 at 18:31
  • C
    Beginner April 2025 Essex
    Chyna ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

First of all congratulations.

I am exactly the same I keep thinking I am behind on planning when I am on target. I think for me personally, I start stressing more when I see how much other brides to be have planned or when vendors get back to me saying they are booked for my date which is 2025 but I have to remember there are so many vendors I will get one I like.

What I have found that de-stresses me is having a nice bath before bed with relaxing music on, once I get out of the bath and get ready for bed I write down a to do list but only limit it to 3 things this helps me stay organised but only seeing 3 things at a time makes me feel like I'm more on track instead of having a longer list of things.

I then put sleep sounds on and just lay there and next thing I've drifted off to sleep. Sometimes my mind is still going and it wakes me up but I have noticed since stating the only 3 things on my list technique I have been better.

I hope this helps and you get some sleep and rest.

Chyna Smiley smile

• S
    Rockstar April 2023 West London
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

This is going to sound ridiculous but it’s been working for me.

When I’m trying to sleep and my brain starts thinking about wedding things, I follow the thoughts through for a little while, then train them round to thinking about the wedding music. All the music at our ceremony is going to be classical, so I start playing these beautiful violin pieces in my head and eventually it sends me off to sleep.

• S
    Beginner August 2023 Surrey
    Sam ·
    • Hide content
    It’s five to 1 and I have work tomorrow! So my post here is just to sympathise lol
  • P
    Beginner August 2023 Essex
    Poppy ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks so much all! I tried listing just the 3 things I want to get done today before going to bed and that seemed to help a lot, it can all get so overwhelming sometimes!
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    Our brains can keep us awake when it's trying to remember things for the next day. Write down anything that keeps going round your head when you are trying to sleep and give your brain permission to forget about it and turn off.
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    I have two things, one the most in-depth Wedmin checklist on a spreadsheet, with task, category, due date, status and completion date all as different fields, then I just filter to look at 1 month at a times, but I can add new things, and occasionally check I have all of a categories tasks when my brain is going a bit insane. This relaxed my brain the instant I made it, it took me a couple of hours to get the 150+ tasks written out, but my brain instantly became lighter as it no longer had to store the information.
    The second is meditation before bed. My work offer a free subscription to Headspace, and so I do a breathing exercise before bed every night. Took me a while to get used to it and not feel self-conscious, but I now fall asleep in like sub-5 mins, so it’s definitely something I do regularly.
  • B
    Beginner July 2023 East London
    Billy ·
    • Hide content

We used to use relaxation and breath control techniques before falling asleep! But there are many other methods of instant falling asleep that are told here and here ! You need to take into account your psychological characteristics! Breath control helped!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics