Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

wedding insomnia

27 of April of 2014 at 04:24 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi everyone,

Does anyone lie awake at night obsessing over their wedding? It seems that the closer the wedding the worse it's getting. I'm not stressed or worried over anything because so far everything has been pretty stress free (fingers crossed). I just keep waking up and then can't get back to sleep. Does anyone have any remedies?

Laura xx

8 replies

Latest activity by Hannah, 24 of December of 2022 at 08:17
  • charliejack
    Beginner October 2014
    charliejack ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

yes me! hence why im awake at this hour lol Hopefully someone will have a remedy for us xx

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

I'm a poor sleeper at the best of times. I know I'm going to have times, already have, when I struggle even more. I know I won't sleep for a few nights before the wedding too. I'll be far to excited and giddy lol. Any remedies will be gratefully received. The best sleeping remedy I've ever had was from the surgeon after I had my eyes lasered umpteen years ago. It was amazing but I have no clue what it was now :/

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

It's my wedding list that soothes me to sleep otherwise I lay awake worrying about other things. I go through my head everything I want to buy or complete and I'm asleep before I finish my list, it's work that keeps me awake. I have a breathing technique that I use; choose 2 words (that aren't related to what is keeping you awake!) 1 word for the in breath and 1 for the out, repeat the words as you breathe in and out slowly, concentrating on the words and the breathing. This should stop your brain running all over the place, if you start thinking about your worries start all over again, it works for me.

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shely ·
    • Hide content

Mine is getting worse, i just can't seem to clear my mind of wedding stuff, will defo try what alyj66 suggests.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

I'm an awful sleeper lately..lie awake and think about everything and it's always at night I start stressing about things.

Two nights in a row I only had about 1 and a half hours so was walking around like a zombie, feel so tired the night after but still can't fall asleep haha Smiley sad

I find sleep hypnosis a big help, sometimes headphone it on youtube and always fall asleep before the end, lots of breathing exercises and techniques to take your mind off it and I find listening to their voice distracts me from my thoughts.

Hoping I calm down a bit nearer the wedding or i'll have seriously baggy eyes on the big day ?

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

When I was 12, I was diagnosed with OCD it took me forever to be able to be open about it and not feel embarrassed by it, so even on a good day I can lie awake at night going through so much in my head. Then as a wedding in 4 months on top of that I'm god on it harder and harder to sleep. I'm really lucky that my family understand my condition 100% and are more then happy to take a phone call from me in the middle of the night if I need to vent or something's popped into my head that I need to talk about.

I have friends who've got married before and told me about the sleepless nights, so Iv dreaded it and dreading it's made me worse I think!

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

I've got a year and 8 months and I'm already staying up til early hours! I end up just researching this and that and then finding new things I've never seen before that would be perfect. I fell asleep this morning around 5am with my laptop still sat on bed (switched on) now if I had done that when my OH is here, he actually would of moaned and been a bit unhappy with me.

Im trying a warm relaxing bath tonight with lavender bath stuff just so I can switch my brain off a little, that and cutting down on the tea and junk food (I swear that's half my problem!) haha!

• Hannah
    Beginner July 2020 East London
    Hannah ·
    • Hide content

I was also very nervous before the wedding and could not sleep for a long time, it lasted for weeks, I was very nervous and everything almost went wrong... if I'd known how to deal with it back then

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics