Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jacky
Savvy June 2022 West Yorkshire

Wedding Insurance

Jacky, 27 of October of 2020 at 15:00 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi all,

We're getting married in summer of 2022 and are just about to book the venue. Obviously since Covid struck there are limited options for wedding insurance, and by that I mean I can find just one company offering it at the moment.

First question - has anyone had any experience with Covermywedding.co.uk?

Second question - could it be worth waiting for other companies to start offering insurance again given that the only money we're likely to spend prior to Christmas is the venue deposit?

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks, Jacky

3 replies

Latest activity by Zara, 31 of March of 2021 at 00:10
  • MrsW
    Dedicated May 2022 South West London
    MrsW ·
    • Hide content

Hi - we are getting married May 2022 and we have the same problem re insurance. I did notice that Covermywedding are the only company doing insurance, but when I read their policy I wasn't happy with the limitations, exclusions and level of coverage for certain things.

You can get insurance even after you have booked things and still be covered for those things but, like you, I wasn't keen on putting down too much money before insurance becomes available.

As such, we negotiated a "right of first refusal" with our venue - our date is provisionally held with no deposit, and if anyone else contacts our venue for our date, they will get in touch with us first and give us two business days to pay the deposit and secure our date (in which case, we will just take the risk and do it).

However, we do intend to pay our deposit in any event in the new year even if the insurance market hasn't picked up, and just hope that there is insurance available as we get closer to the wedding.

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

"As such, we negotiated a "right of first refusal" with our venue - our date is provisionally held with no deposit, and if anyone else contacts our venue for our date, they will get in touch with us first and give us two business days to pay the deposit and secure our date"

Just a little note on this one, wedding co ordinators can come and go so it just depends who has this information and if it is passed on, also your interest in the date may get put to one side if the venue have not heard from you for a while. Keep in regular touch with them and let them know you are still very much interested. Explain to them about your reasons with the insurance otherwise it could look like you are still looking for a better price at another venue and just keeping the first one the hook.

• Jacky
    Savvy June 2022 West Yorkshire
    Jacky ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Also, just to add to this, if you pay the deposit on a credit card you are pretty well covered. That's what we have done, will then take out insurance next year to cover other suppliers and also the unforseen circumstances such as getting ill, bad weather etc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics