Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate
Beginner April 2025 Hertfordshire

Wedding Insurance

Kate, 22 of July of 2023 at 13:31 Posted on Planning 2 8
Having just read an article on this very website, it suggests that wedding insurance is something often overlooked by couples planning.

After a very brief look into it, I wasn’t able to find any instantly recognizable insurance companies that offer this kind of insurance. This has got me to wondering if this is actually something a thing I need to worry about or not.
Any thought?

8 replies

Latest activity by PeatearIss, 18 of March of 2024 at 13:24
  • Katie
    Savvy September 2024 Middlesex
    Katie ·
    • Hide content

We arranged our insurance with WedInsure before paying any deposits. We wanted to ensure we are covered from the start. It was £300 for a wedding value up to £50,000 and we opted for liability insurance to be included.

We are getting married in a converted manor house and I was worried about one of my FH's stupid friends breaking something.

• Kerri Risbey
    Curious August 2023 Gloucestershire
    Kerri Risbey ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely get wedding insurance. Since covid a lot of companies no longer provide wedding insurance (this might have changed but we got ours in 2021 and we only had 2 companies to choose from)

It is something that you want for peace of mind, unexpected things happen! You'd hope you would never have to use it but it is there if you needed it Smiley smile

• Dawn
    Beginner September 2024 Northumberland
    Dawn ·
    • Hide content
    My partner was also the same in the whole "Do we need it?" - the way I'd put it to him was to treat it like you would when going on holiday. Anything happens whilst away, you'd go "I'd wish I'd gotten cover for this".It sometimes seems pointless but it's a major peace of mind in the unlikely event something happens.Good luck with everythingSmiley heart
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Wedding insurance is a must have. A lot of venues actually ask for it also but it’s so important to have to protect yourselves with losses and against no shoe suppliers etc.

Have a look who the underwriters are of the insurance companies, usually these are quite known companies x
  • Laurie
    Savvy May 2024 Lothian & Borders
    Laurie ·
    • Hide content

I got our wedding insurance from WedInsure, having looked on Which? for recommendations but found quite a few weren't doing it anymore. A few bridal shops asked me if I got insurance when I was shopping for a dress, and they said they were so glad as they'd known so many couples who didn't get this and got really stuck - house fires with their dresses going up in flames or needing extra clean to get smoke out, venues closing down the week of their wedding and a hotel fire. I also have a friend whose photographer got really sick right after her wedding so never got her wedding photos.

Only this year friends of mine were a month out from their wedding and hadn't heard from reception venue, and then found out it had gone into administration so had to find a brand new reception venue in 4 weeks.

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wedding insurance is a good idea but I am trying to think of a scenario why your friend did not receive their photos.

A harsh example but even if they were dead they could still obtain the memory cards I would of thought.

For photography how insurance may payout is if they cancelled and refused to give back any money and also if they cancelled but gave you money back meaning you are struggling to find a replacement at the same cost it may pay the difference in cost, you need to check the cover small print.

Or it may pay for a different photographer to do a reshoot of just the two of you. Again small print.

• Valyria
    Savvy October 2026 West Sussex
    Valyria ·
    • Hide content

We're getting wedding insurance but it's not available to purchase for our date in 2026 yet. I think it's definitely worth having due to how much weddings cost even if it's just to give you peace of mind.

• Kate
    Beginner April 2025 Hertfordshire
    Kate ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We did go with WedInsure in the end. I definitely feel better for having it now 🙂

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics