Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner October 2012

Wedding Insurance?????

Heather89, 1 March, 2011 at 12:47 Posted on Planning 0 10

I need help!!! I dont know where to start.... Should i get wedding insurance or is it a rip off??

10 replies

Latest activity by Random Name, 1 March, 2011 at 20:05
  • Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I think it depends on the nature of your wedding expenses.

For us, we've not been able to pay all our suppliers on credit cards and have had to pay some in cash, so there is a risk if they go bust we may lose our cash so we took insurance to prevent that possible loss.

We were also worried about having to cancel the wedding at short notice due to OH having to work, so we insured against that,

I just did a google search and spent hours phoning round to get someone who would meet our requirements. We paid £50 which covers up to £15,000 loss I believe.

• W
    Beginner October 2011
    wonky ·
    • Hide content

We have it from John Lewis. We thought anything could happen e.g. venue burns down in a fire the week before etc. Rather than rely on peoples good will to rearrange things we wanted a financial back up plan. We also cannot pay for everything on credit cards and have used cash.

Finally, it was also good for us as both myself, my OH and my father (who is contributing to the cost of the wedding) are at possible risk of redundancy this year and our policy also covers this which gave us a lot of peace of mind.

Each to their own on this one I think.

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

Yeh we have it too with Ecclesiastical, same reasons already stated; for the sake of £50 it's reassurance for us.

Smiley smile

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

We paid £35 with Wedding Plan. Sames reasons as above really, just thought for the sake of £35 it was 100% worth the peace of mind. Covers us for cancellation, rearrangement, ceremonial attire, Gifts, rings, flowers, cake, cars, personal accident, personal liability, legal expenses.

Well worth it IMO. You just never know!

• Jason Clark DJ
    Jason Clark DJ ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for those who put prices up - we were unsure on how much this would cost, but for <£50 I think its something to do for our small wedding.

Jason

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Insurance is one of these things where if you don't need to claim on it it was a waste of money, but if you do then it was money well spent.

We went with Ecclesiastical on the Hitched website deal for about £50 just because it seemed a good idea just in case something unplanned happened.

After all, it's easy to compensate for so many things but no matter how organised you are, you can't plan for everything that may possibly happen.

Remember of course that no insurance will cover absolutely every single possibility and you may well end up having a fight if you do need to claim, but for the majority of potential issues £50 was well worth it for the peace of mind that there are a number of things we just don't need to worry about.

• septemberbride2011
    Beginner August 2011
    septemberbride2011 ·
    • Hide content

Would I need wedding insurance if we're getting married abroad? I have travel insurance and the venue is at the hotel we're staying at x

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

We got ours from John Lewis but Debenhams are quite competitive too.

I see it as, you get insurance for a holiday so why not for a wedding that you pay circa 10 times as much.

• H
    Beginner October 2012
    Heather89 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone xxxxx

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

I was debating insurance as well. Think we going to go with John Lewis as well

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics