Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner May 2016

Wedding Insurance

Everlong2013, 31 of January of 2014 at 03:18 Posted on Planning 0 18

Hello

Bit of a newbie here been lurking since I got engaged at Christmas!! ?

I'm planning on booking my church and venue in the next week or so and am a bit stuck on wedding insurance. Has anyone managed to find anywhere that will cover you for a wedding more than 2 years away? We are booking ours for May 2016 and I definitely don't want to wait until this May to book our venue!

Thanks in advance.

xxx

18 replies

Latest activity by MissFairytale, 5 of February of 2014 at 01:31
    Beginner February 2015
    14215Bride ·
    • Hide content

Im not sure about the length of the policies but you can get wedding insurance that will cover monies paid out previous to buying the insurance, so long as you have no prior warning that something would happen to the companies you booked with/problems would occur, that might help you Smiley smile just check the terms xx

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!

Oooo I'm in the same boat so will be interested in the responses.

We got engaged at Christmas too and are planning for July 2016 Smiley smile Do you know what venue you would like yet? We have found one we love and have 'saved the date' with them without paying a deposit until the end of March when we have to go back and confirm and put the deposit down. So I will need to be looking into insurance terms too.

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Oooo I'm in the same boat so will be interested in the responses.

We got engaged at Christmas too and are planning for July 2016 Smiley smile Do you know what venue you would like yet? We have found one we love and have 'saved the date' with them without paying a deposit until the end of March when we have to go back and confirm and put the deposit down. So I will need to be looking into insurance terms too.

Congratulations btw!

• D
    Beginner September 2018
    Dan175 ·
    • Hide content

In my opinion......money down the drain

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree and disagree.

its just gave £30 to someone to tell me everything will be ok. the placebo helped Smiley smile

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

For the cost of £20-30, I think its money well spent for peace of mind. You just never know what might happen...

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Exactly, I know the policies are only £20-30 but it will give me the peace of mind that if something does go wrong I have back up.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

We had the same problem when we initially booked our 2015 wedding back in 2012.

We still booked our venue- but made sure that we paid on a credit card and that when we did reach the 2 year mark, that we took out an insurance policy which covered us for things which we had already booked. We went with John Lewis, but I believe Debenhams also cover you for things already booked.

Wedding Insurance is completely and utterly worth it IMO, i've seen enough businesses disappear into thin air over the years for me to feel it's worth an extra £40 or so in the grand scheme of things.

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

Think paying with credit card does cover you but wedding insurance policies tend to help you find things and sort replacements out especially useful for last minute glitches.

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

Think paying with credit card does cover you but wedding insurance policies tend to help you find things and sort replacements out especially useful for last minute glitches.

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

• E
    Beginner May 2016
    Everlong2013 ·
    • Hide content

Yep we have found and fallen in love with our venue already Smiley smile I have a date pencilled in too but we need to pay the deposit asap. So far I haven't managed to find anywhere that will cover us insurance wise so may have to go down the credit card route too. xx

• E
    Beginner May 2016
    Everlong2013 ·
    • Hide content

P.s I also think it is well worth it for the money!!

If anyone has managed to find somewhere to insure pls let me know! Thanks for all the help so far xxx

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

We went with e&l, thought they might do weddings further in advance but not 100% sure as we booked about a year in advance I think.

• M
    Beginner May 2015
    maxi-qu ·
    • Hide content

As the Mr is military we NEED insurance, and ended up going with weddings lab, if you go through quidco they have cash back, we got £10 cash back on ours x

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MissFairytale ·
    • Hide content

Not very helpful as I dont know. If I was you I would just book your venue and only pay the deposit by credit card and then get insurance later on. I done this with venue dress and transport. I do think wedding insurance is good to have. Mine cost 80pounds. Remember some venues require you to take out separate public liability cover as well and will ask to see the contractxx

• E
    Beginner May 2016
    Everlong2013 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Think I will have to do this as so far no luck finding anywhere! What would I need public liability cover for?

Thanks xxxx

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MissFairytale ·
    • Hide content

I planned/booked 2 years before and then was going to buy my ins last august so a year before. I then kept putting it off and only got round to getting it 2 weeks ago. I still have only paid company's the deposit as well and everything seems ok so far. Liability cover is extra and only some venues make you get it. Im not to sure but I think its incase a guest hurts themselves and wants to sue. I was looking at a venue and they made you take it out and it had to be for 5mil cover. I don't think its to expensive to get if you need it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics