Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ashlil
Beginner February 2011

Wedding Insurance advice

ashlil, 1 March, 2010 at 13:48 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hi,

I am thinking probably a good idea to take out some wedding insurance..

Anyone already done so? Any recommendations as there seems to be soooo many to choose from

thanks

13 replies

Latest activity by Storky, 9 July, 2010 at 10:44
  • M
    Beginner June 2011
    MISSMAYFLOWER ·
    • Hide content

We got ours from E&L - we took Band 2 cover level and I think it was about £20 or something.

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Thank you both I will have a look at them

• emsa1
    Beginner May 2011
    emsa1 ·
    • Hide content

I got £20 cashback on my debenhams wedding insurance policy (which was £50) when i bought it through quidco.

• B
    Beginner May 2010
    blueinsure ·
    • Hide content

I am also thinking of buying a wedding insurance from covermywedding.co.uk, does anyone have an idea how are they?

Thanks.

• sidsidney
    Beginner
    sidsidney ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I havent heard of them or the company that underwrite them (Blue Insurance). Looks like they are an irish insurer, but from their website they seem to be growing and have won awards for their travel insurance. They are regulated in the UK by the FSA so you would have some back up in the event of needing to make a complaint if you ever had to (sorry I obviously have my sensible insurance head on this morning...!)

We went with Ecclesiastical for about £60 for the cover. They have been around for years and are well estabished. They keep a policy booklet on their website so you can check the cover before hand (I think most insurers are doing this now).

Sid x

• H
    haveagreatday ·
    • Hide content

Most wedding insurace companies are niche and therefore you may not have heard of them. this isn't neccessarily a bad thing and the companies named already in this thread have long and as far as i understand, reasonable reputations. if you want to go with someone you have heard of the the main high strreet names are debenhams, john lewis (branded greenbee) and m&s. the cover might cost a bit more but may have a few extra benefits. before you take anything just check it is right for you.

hope this helps

• B
    Beginner May 2010
    blueinsure ·
    • Hide content

Finally, I got my wedding insurance from covermywedding.co.uk, so far it seems going good... lets see. ?

• Bob - An Image For You
    Bob - An Image For You ·
    • Hide content

Who ever you decide with, I would make sure of the following:

Make sure the company is regulated in the UK by the FSA. Even if it is a foreign company (including Irish), it must be regulated to do business in UK by the FSA. Otherwise, stay clear.

Make sure that the specimen policy document is available to view online or better still, downloadable so you can see exactly what the cover is for.

Double-check the terms and conditions and especially the bits, where they won't pay.

The policy document usually tells you who their underwriters are.

Sometimes, it is better to pay a little extra for piece of mind than the cheaper ones, as they have higher excess amounts and more 'get out ' clauses in their favour.

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

And also that they don't employ nasty trolls to advertise their services and spam up messageboards!

• B
    Beginner May 2010
    blueinsure ·
    • Hide content

Finally, I got my insurance for wedding from covermywedding.co.uk, was not a bad deal at all. Thanks for all your suggestions..

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Before you continue to spam the board, you might want to check that you hadn't already 'replied' with almost exact same wording on the same thread already, 3 weeks previously. I don't think you'll find anyone but you made that suggestion. Now eff off.

• Annah304
    Beginner April 2011
    Annah304 ·
    • Hide content

What a plonker! Firstly they post exactly the same thing three times in the same thread. Secondly - they give themselves the same username as the underwriter! Genius!!

I got my wedding insurance from E&L, primarily because we are using a number of smaller, local suppliers and we wanted the protection against the possibility that they might go bust in the current climate. We like to support local businesses but it would be silly not to take out insurance just in case!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

We went with E&L too. £50 something but worth it for the peace of mind.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics