Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner September 2015

Wedding Insurance :- Advice please :)

pcwedding2016, 9 of March of 2015 at 13:50 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi , Myself and my lovely Fiancee have booked a venue , booked the church and things are moving on swiftly , our date is in 2016 June.

But we have been advised it would be a good idea to buy some wedding insurance .

I have bought house / car / other insurances in the past , but i am a total newbie when it comes to wedding insurance.

Can anyone advise please , how much are we likely to be paying for wedding insurance ( i guess wedding total will be around 15-20k all in)

Any good companies we should be considering ?

Advice and help welcomed

8 replies

Latest activity by HappyBrownDiamonds179, 12 of March of 2015 at 11:59
  • Sparkly Bear
    Beginner October 2015
    Sparkly Bear ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations and Welcome to Hitched!

We used John Lewis for our Wedding Insurance, and we paid £130, however this is expensive but for us it is justified becuase we are having a marquee, and it puts the price up.

I'd recommend doing a quick google search, and comparing a couple of the companies to see which level of cover you require! I imagine you will be able to secure a good level of cover for around £60/£70! This is what we were quoted if we didnt have a marquee!

xx

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Moonbeam88 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We went with Debenhams and paid about £70. We went through Quidco too and managed to get about £20 cashback which made the insurance very reasonable!

I opted for the Emerald Level which covers us for £15k rearrangement costs which would cover the cost of our venue and TOG. Our budget has since spiraled closer to the £20k now so fingers crossed we won't ever need to use it!

PS: i've included a link below that will get you an extra £1.25 cashback to sign up if you don't already use Quidco Smiley smile

http://www.quidco.com/user/2108432/2002551/

• L
    Beginner May 2016
    littleredfairy ·
    • Hide content

I would second the Debenhams option - we went for the lower £10k tier and it was £39 and we got cashback AND a £20 voucher!

• P
    Beginner September 2015
    pcwedding2016 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all for your replies, indeed I am a big fan of Quidco, one thing I am pondering, with our wedding been over 12 months away, will a policy cover us for longer than 12 months as most policy's I have bought in the past tend to be based on a 12 month period.

If so, would we be best starting the policy on June the 12th 2015, that been 1 year before our big day?

• soraneko
    Beginner June 2016
    soraneko ·
    • Hide content

I read smewhere that John Lewis' insurance is good, but also that they don't cover more than 12 months so haven't yet bought ours. Mostly posting to follow this thread for tips!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Wedding insurance is just a one off cost that generally covers you for up to 2 years in advance, so with your wedding being June 2016, most policies will cover you. They're not a 12 month/recurring cost thing like most other types of insurance.

If you already have things booked, it's best to double check whether your policy will cover things already booked. Not all do unfortunately. When we bought our wedding insurance in 2013, we went with John Lewis due to the great reviews and the policy covered us for deposits we had already paid out. Again best to double check though as i'm sure things change.

Earlier this year we had to file a claim on our insurance due to our band splitting up and they (the insurers) were brilliant. Got back to me right away, were very sympathetic and helpful and were ready to pay out without question after i'd provided a proof of booking. As luck would have it, the band ended up refunding me themselves, but i'd not hesitate to recommend John Lewis based on our experience with them.

• P
    Beginner September 2015
    pcwedding2016 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all once again , for your advice and help , i am just about to book through Debenhams , i gave them a call on their 0800 number , I asked all kinds of questions to ensure the level of cover would be suitable, the cover offered does seem to offer the ideal of peace of mind Smiley smile

• cez1987
    Beginner October 2015
    cez1987 ·
    • Hide content

We went with debenhams. Cost £39 and we got a £20 gift card. It was ideal for us because we are only having a small wedding

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HappyBrownDiamonds179 ·
    • Hide content

Can't seem to get the debenhams site to give the quote, it just says please wait. Anyone else experience this?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics