Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Dedicated October 2023 Surrey

Wedding Insurance - Any companies that don't get awful reviews? Covid cover???

AmesLou, 16 of November of 2022 at 16:08 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi Everyone,

We've got most components of our wedding booked over the last month or so, so now I'm desperately trying to get wedding insurance sorted...but I have no idea which company to go for. I was wondering who you have all gone for?

A couple of the companies do get okay reviews, but they don't cover cancellation because of covid. I get why insurers wouldn't want to cover this, but I suppose I would've at least expected covid cover as an optional extra, as it's one of the main reasons I wanted cover! Are there any that cover cancellations due to covid?

Aside from the covid issue, does anyone have any recommendations? I've noticed that certain companies (e.g. WedInsure) get very low ratings on Trustpilot, with lots of reviews on how useless they are if you need to make a claim, but on other websites they're well rated because people who have never had to make a claim leave reviews about how easy it is to purchase the insurance...

Thank you!

Amy

6 replies

Latest activity by Jennifer, 22 of July of 2023 at 09:05
  • Km86
    Dedicated December 2022 North Yorkshire
    Km86 ·
    • Hide content

I would check the fine print as most will only cover suppliers booked in the 14 days prior to you taking out the insurance. If some things were booked a month ago they won't be covered at all.

I can't remember the name of who we're with but I'll find out for you.

• A
    AmesLou ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much for this advice - it's something I wouldn't have even thought of! I'll make sure to thoroughly read the small print.

• C
    Savvy October 2024 Kent
    Crystal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hello!
    We went along with Dreamsaver in the end. Not alot of choice but felt it was right to have some cover as opposed to none. Not too worried avoid COVID actually, more concerned if venue or other things we’ve paid deposits for go into liquidation given the recession! It goes through each aspect of the wedding in its contract like venue, cake, photographer etc. If covers if you or an immediate family member has COVID. Xx
  • Abi
    Dedicated May 2024 Conwy
    Abi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We went with dreamsaver too.
  • A
    AmesLou ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, I'll take a look at them! Yes, it is likely that some wedding businesses aren't going to survive the current situation - let's keep our fingers crossed xxx

• A
    AmesLou ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! I'm going to take a good look at their website.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics