Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner June 2012

Wedding Insurance - Debenhams vs Ecclesiastical

Bride2012, 6 June, 2011 at 20:11 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi,

We are looking to take out wedding insurance soon as will be finalising our venue and registrar booking in the next couple of weeks for 16 June 2012.

We have narrowed down the insurance possibilities to Debenhams or Ecclesiastical. Has anyone got any experience of dealing with either?

Debenhams seem to cover more in terms of needing to cancel due to illness/ bereavement whereas Ecclesiastical only cover the bridal party. On the other hand Ecclesiastical will insure the wedding dress from date of purchase whereas Debenhams only cover it for the month beforehand.

Its a nightmare making a decision. Any views ladies?

Michelle

2 replies

Latest activity by Future Mrs Gough, 6 June, 2011 at 23:56
  • L
    Beginner September 2012
    Little Rhi ·
    • Hide content

Hi There,

We went with Debenhams as after researching they covered more than anyone else (for us). I think it depends on what your main priorities are if there are any big differences bewtween companies.

I can say though that the Debenhams insurance was quick and easy to fill out the information and confirmation came through very quickly. ?

HTH

xx

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

We went with Ecclesiastical because of the flexibility of their policy ie we could choose levels of cover for different items. We don't have a 'typical' pattern of spending so it suited us. Forms etc as easy as any internet form filling exercise.

• F
    Beginner October 2013
    Future Mrs Gough ·
    • Hide content

I have no experience of either but we got ours with John Lewis and there's is good ? xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics