Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

rp304
Beginner August 2013

Wedding Insurance including Marquee

rp304, 27 June, 2012 at 12:04 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hello, pretty new to this!

We have booked a church for 10/08/2013 and are now looking to book a marquee.

We are hiring a marquee to have the wedding reception in the in-laws field.

The best marquee quote I have had that I am looking to book (for £2400 including VAT) includes a £90 damage waiver fee, which the man said he would take off if I could show him I have insurance which would sufficiently cover the marquee.

So I've been looking at some wedding insurance policies including marquee cover but feeling a little lost.

Because we will be paying a lot of money to suppliers (£2,400 marquee, £400 toilet trailer, £2,000 caterers) I am looking for a policy that will cover the deposits (I haven't paid any yet as hoping to do insurance first) and final amounts in case any of the companies went bust to give us peace of mind, and also a policy to include any marquee damage, eg if any chairs or tables were broken. I want to make sure this bit is right as some of the small prints say eg doesn't include accidental damage.

Does anyone have any experience of buying wedding insurance with marquee cover?

Thank you very much

Rose Smiley smile

3 replies

Latest activity by Newmoongirl, 26 March, 2013 at 18:42
  • N
    Beginner May 2014
    Newmoongirl ·
    • Hide content

I

• N
    Beginner May 2014
    Newmoongirl ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Did you get this sorted?

Im really miffed about the wedding insurance and marquee insurance. Iv now purchased both at a good price however im also paying (well im not sure) the marquee company ....they are charging 6% insurance for loss and damages which im already covered for! Thats another £100! Iv emailed them but no reply so now im worried they dont want my business and il have to find another marquee company, which tbh I didnt want to do as these guys are really nice and have been to my venue before.

• rp304
    Beginner August 2013
    rp304 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Yes I did, I took out wedding insurance with debenhams plus marquee cover for up to £20 or 30,000 (cant remember exactly). I sent proof of this to the marquee company and they took off the £90 damage waiver. I don't think is unreasonable to not pay both, especially if you have paid to add on marquee cover to your insurance. Is there anything in their terms and conditions? I think that's where I saw that they would take over the waiver if I had sufficient insurance.

Most marquee companies we dealt with seemed to bend over backwards for the business.

• N
    Beginner May 2014
    Newmoongirl ·
    • Hide content

It doesn't say that in the terms and conditions, it says the excess is £500 per damage!

im surprised this doesn't come up more often, who wants to pay twice for something!?

Thankyou for your input thought I was being unreasonable.

best wishes for your day x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics