Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nature Bride
Beginner August 2015

Wedding insurance - medical conditions

Nature Bride, 14 of August of 2014 at 16:14 Posted on Planning 0 2

So it's time to think about buying wedding insurance. It's not an option for me, I want the peace of mind. Trouble is I have a chronic illness. Partly the reason I want the insurance I suppose, in case I fall ill. Has anyone else purchased wedding insurance that covers their pre-existing illness?

2 replies

Latest activity by JellyBellyBride, 14 of August of 2014 at 17:14
  • MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

I can't help, as it's too early for us to be looking at wedding insurance (everywhere I've looked won't even consider covering us until 2 years before the wedding), but I've also got a health condition which could affect the wedding, so I'll be following this with interest!

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

I'm not too sure, but you can read the terms and conditions of any you are interested in and it will tell you if it covers pre-existing illness, I think it depends on the illness (just to say i'm not asking what it is,it's none of my business, but they stipulate the things they will not cover in their terms)

• JellyBellyBride
    Beginner December 2014
    JellyBellyBride ·
    • Hide content

I've wondered about this but have ended up going with a standard Insurance Policy. We went with E&L as they just seem to be a good company and have lots of good reviews.

My OH has a disability which means he is normally in hospital 3/4 times a year with various infections, usually for a couple of weeks each time. After scouring round, I wasn't able to find a policy that would cover pre-existing medical conditions so we've just gone for a standard one and declared the disability (otherwise they could refuse to pay out for any kind of claim). We're just going to take the risk and view the insurance as back up for anything other than his health (or specifically his disability).

Sorry, I know this isn't much help but didn't want to read and run as I spent ages looking at this earlier in the year so could relate.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics