Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsSoonToBeD
Beginner September 2016

Wedding Insurance - Military cover

MrsSoonToBeD, 20 of June of 2014 at 09:21 Posted on Planning 0 2

Morning all :-)

I am just looking for a bit of advice if possible. I've read so many horror stories of people who haven't taken out any wedding insurance and want to make sure that doesn't happen to us! We are starting to buy small bits and bobs already for the wedding (even though it's still a few years away!) and don't want to get caught out with anything.

My question is, if there is any military wives out there, did you take out specific insurance to cover your costs incase your OH is sent away without any notice? This has happened to us before, and sadly as people will probably know there is no guarantee or reassurance that it won't happen again!

I have had a look online regarding cover for these such instances, but thought I would ask around as recommendation through word of mouth is always good!

2 replies

Latest activity by MrsSoonToBeD, 20 of June of 2014 at 11:34
  • chels1315
    Beginner August 2015
    chels1315 ·
    • Hide content

Ive been looking into this too, my oh is in the para's so never see him at the best of times!

im still hunting for a good insurance but if i find any ill post here about it

• Barnett2015
    Beginner April 2015
    Barnett2015 ·
    • Hide content

Hello fellow WAG!

I bought John Lewis wedding insurance and it was £68 but the cover is pretty good. i felt more comfortable going with a larger companyMost wedding insurances cover the cost of your partner being sent away overseas BUT only if it wasn't planned before you booked your wedding date. So it still is a bit iffy, ask your partner to check and check again. Or just make sure you've booked it as far in advance as possible! However, if he is sent away (fingers crossed he isn't) you should be able to get back most of your money!

Hope that help's!

• MrsSoonToBeD
    Beginner September 2016
    MrsSoonToBeD ·
    • Hide content

Thank you both!! :-)

Barnett that's great, thanks for recommending! I will definitely look into that. I have everything crossed that he won't go away again, however the 2nd time he can home from Afghanistan he was home 2 weeks and told he was going back for a further 4 and a half months within the space of the next 4 weeks! Sadly the military rule our lives, however I want to do as much as possible to cover our backs :-)

thanks again! xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics