Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I
Beginner August 2012

Wedding Insurance? Morrisons dry cleaners?

ILYA111002, 30 November, 2011 at 14:35 Posted on Planning 0 14

Just wanted to see if the majority of people have got wedding insurance? I'm unsure whether or not to get it.

Also would anyone use Morrisons dry cleaners to clean their wedding dress?

Thanks!

14 replies

Latest activity by PurpleStar, 1 December, 2011 at 10:50
  • Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

I knew I should get insurance, and I knew I should get it as soon as I was booking anything, but for 1 reason or another I haven't done it - until 2 days ago (and I booked my venue in august!)

Definatley get it! You need cover in case a supplier or venue lets you down. Some policys cover you to change the date or cancel (under certain circumstances).

No idea about the dry cleaning!

• xxdonnaxx
    Beginner March 2013
    xxdonnaxx ·
    • Hide content

What does the insurance cover u for? is it expensive?

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

I got john lewis tier 1 cover which was £65, covers cancellation, suppliers, public liability, clothing...the list goes on, check out their website for the full cover details. I did find cheaper insurance but wanted to go with a well known name that itself shouldn't go bust before my wedding!

• Big Apple
    Beginner February 2013
    Big Apple ·
    • Hide content

Reading your title I thought you were saying you were getting your insurance from Morrisons the cleaners! I'd really urge you to consider wedding insurance. Unfortunately in the current economic climate you cannot guarantee that and of the suppliers you use etc will still be in business by the time you get married, no matter how big or well known. Also it's such a minimal amount to pay in the grand scheme of things. We've gone with John Lewis, everything they cover is on their website. I'd recommend going for a well known name and do a bit of research. Some companies are cheap for a reason! Theyre unreliable (Avoid E&L, they're online reviews are awful)

• Big Apple
    Beginner February 2013
    Big Apple ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We both wrote at the same time there Nutella!!

• R
    Beginner May 2012
    ruby_tuesday ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to get a Debenhams one. It's jointly underwritten by UK General Insurance and Ageas Insurance-and I work for Ageas...

• D
    Davialle ·
    • Hide content

A work colleague has insurance through Debenhams and as her venue went into administration, she is exceptionally glad! This would be my primary reason for getting it.

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I've got wedding insurance, I just think it gives peace of mind

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

I got Debenhams insurance, its totally worth it!

I got the gold one...

Events and Losses covered at each level
    SilverGoldPlatinumDiamondDiamond Plus
    Prices £39
    £59 £99 £149 £259 Cancellation of wedding and/or reception (including deposits)
    Up to £5,000 Up to £10,000 Up to £20,000
    Up to £30,000
    Up to £70,000 Rearrangements of wedding or reception
    Up to £3,750
    Up to £7,500 Up to £15,000 Up to £22,500 Up to £52,500 Wedding and ceremonial attire
    Up to £2,750 Up to £3,000 Up to £10,000 Up to £10,000 Up to £10,000 Wedding gifts (up to 3 months cover) Up to £1,500 Up to £3,000 Up to £10,000 Up to £10,000 Up to £10,000 Wedding rings Up to £1,500 Up to £2,500 Up to £3,500 Up to £6,000 Up to £6,000 Flowers Up to £1,500 Up to £2,500 Up to £3,500 Up to £4,500 Up to £4,500 Attendents' gifts Up to £1,500 Up to £2,500 Up to £3,500 Up to £4,500 Up to £4,500 Wedding cakes Up to £1,500 Up to £2,500 Up to £3,500 Up to £4,500 Up to £4,500 Wedding cars and transport Up to £1,250 Up to £1,500 Up to £3,000 Up to £5,000 Up to £5,000 Photographs and videos Up to £1,250 Up to £1,500 Up to £3,000 Up to £5,000 Up to £5,000 Failure of suppliers Up to £1,250 Up to £3,000 Up to £5,000 Up to £10,000 Up to £10,000 Essential document indemnity (for weddings abroad) Up to £250 Up to £250 Up to £500 Up to £1,000 Up to £1,000 Personal liability Up to £2m Up to £2m Up to £2m Up to £2m Up to £2m Personal accident Up to £10,000 Up to £20,000 Up to £40,000 Up to £40,000 Up to £40,000
    Legal expenses Up to £5,000 Up to £5,000 Up to £10,000 Up to £20,000 Up to £20,000
  • 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I think wedding insurance is a must these days

Why would you not use Morrisons dry cleaners? It is still a proffessional dry cleaning service after all, just inside a supermarket. It is done on the premises not sent away as far as I know.

• L
    Beginner January 2012
    la1510 ·
    • Hide content

Wedding insurance is a must- just for piece of mind and it's not that expensive- I went with John Lewis and it was £85 and now I can stop panicing about the worst happening!!

I would use Morrisons for my wedding dress- I'm using the one where we are (it's a Johnson's I think but incide Morrisons) to have my Bridesmaid dress altered!

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Not much help on the drycleaning topic, but definitely get insurance! For what it costs there's no point taking the risk, especially if you still have a fair amount of time until the wedding. Even big companies go bust, look at Woolworths! Plus it covers you for *touches wood* you or any immediate family member being hospitalised at the time of the wedding, damage to your dress, adverse weather making you cancel the wedding, and a whole host of other things. x

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

I would definately get wedding insurance and have also gone with John Lewis. You pay insurance to go on holiday, and weddings are usually much dearer, so it's a no brainer if you ask me.

Go for the dry cleaning at Morrisons too, why not.

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

For the relatively small cost I'd definitely recommend getting some.

• PurpleStar
    Rockstar May 2022
    PurpleStar ·
    • Hide content

Hadn't even thought of insurance until I saw this thread - just paid for Debenhams silver insurance package now... thanks hitchers!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics