Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

missmandymoo
Dedicated August 2014

Wedding Insurance that will cover monetary gifts

missmandymoo, 3 of August of 2012 at 12:31 Posted on Planning 0 3

My venue and the registrar is now provisionally booked and I'm now on the search for insurance.

I'm not too sure about our wedding gifts yet but I'm pretty sure it will be some kind of monetary contribution maybe towards a honeymoon as we don't need items for our home. Are there any wedding insurance that will cover cash/gift vouchers etc?

I've looked at Debenhams - they will cover upto £250 in gifts that are cash or vouchers for the policy that is most suitable for us (gold).

My venue recommends Events Insurance - it doesn't mention gift vouchers/cash anywhere on the website so I may have to call them and ask

I've also looked at WeddingPlan - the cover seems very good for the price, they will also cover upto £300 in vouchers/cash gifts

With Debenhams & WeddingPlan, I will be under-insuring my gifts so I'm not really sure what to do. It doesn't seem to make sense to over-insure the wedding by a ridiculous amount to cover the gifts? Or do I change tactics on my gifts?

Anyone got any advice or any other insurance companies to consider?

3 replies

Latest activity by Bunker, 28 of July of 2023 at 10:44
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How do you know? ?

Anyway, I used Ecclesiastical, which operate on a personalised cover policy, so you can set your own thresholds for each item. So, for example, we didn't bother insuring rings (we had cheapos) but we had higher than standard cover for outfits and venue. I'm not sure if it covered for gifts - we certainly didn't specify anything in this category.

• missmandymoo
    Dedicated August 2014
    missmandymoo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm hoping my guests are generous enough to give me more than £4 each as a wedding gift. If the average is £4 per guests then that's over the insured amount of £300 ?

The venue is exclusive to me so maybe I don't have to worry too much about insuring the gifts?

I'll check out Ecclesiastical, thanks.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We had the venue to ourselves and designated one of the rooms for gifts. The ushers and staff made sure everything was put in there. The card box was out though, not sure when that got moved. But anyway, I can't imagine a situation where anyone would have taken something. I guess the insurance might also cover damage/fire/etc?

• Bunker
    Beginner June 2019 Karnataka
    Bunker ·
    • Hide content

Congrats on your impending wedding! With regards to safeguarding your unique day, wedding protection can offer significant true serenity. While wedding insurance contracts normally cover different parts of your wedding, including unexpected conditions and seller accidents, inclusion for financial gifts can likewise be incorporated.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics