Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sam_c_93
Beginner March 2022 Cumbria

Wedding insurance that would cover a cancer relapse

Sam_c_93, 21 of July of 2020 at 14:22 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi all

I am planning a Feb 2022 wedding and the shadow behind all my excitement is the fact I had cancer last year. I am in remission as of November 2019 but I worry nonetheless and simply can't afford to plan and pay for a wedding only to lose all the money if it came back.

Does anyone know of any wedding insurers that cover pre-existing conditions? I'm aware it will cost more... I have that problem with travel insurance too.

4 replies

Latest activity by Ebony, 4 of September of 2022 at 01:06
  • P
    Beginner July 2022 Central London
    PurpleDwarf ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations on getting engaged!

I think that many providers have stopped offering insurance because of Covid. Once we are out of this then i assume they would resume but you need to make sure you have the cover early - before you start booking stuff.

Wedding insurance, historically, has been relatively cheap. I'm not sure some providers would even ask about pre-existing medical conditions but best to see if you can get some quotes to see (once it's being offered again!).

• Emma
    Beginner April 2023 Essex
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Sam_c_93,

I hope your wedding went to plan and you are in good health. Could you please tell me if you managed to find a wedding insurer to cover your pre-existing condition?
    I am in a similar boat.
    Many thanksEmma
  • E
    Dedicated October 2022 East London
    Ebony ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations. Have you looked on the Macmillian website forum? I know there's a page for travel insurance but there may be a thread for weddings. If not post a question as someone might know xx
  • E
    Dedicated October 2022 East London
    Ebony ·
    • Hide content
    Ah, I've just seen this was posted two years ago lol. Hope you had a lovely well and that you're keeping well xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics