Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I
Beginner August 2014

Wedding Insurance - will I be covered for pregnancy?

Iona1651, 31 of October of 2013 at 15:44 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi

I posted recently that I've just found out I'm pregnant. We've decided to go ahead with the wedding, even though my due date will be around 1st July and the wedding 1st August (yes, we're crazy!).

We have a very good family/network of friends and have been trying for so long to have a child - and trying to arrange the wedding to suite OH's family who live away AND have a farm has been a task in itself.

I've just taken out Debenhams wedding insurance, Gold cover. It does state it won't cover the bride/groom if you have 'an ongoing medical condition or condition which has or will require medical treatment, including consultations or advice, within the last 12 months'.

Does this mean I won't be covered if the wedding doesn't go ahead due to having the baby on the day?

I still want cover in case the TOG, venue, band etc don't show/go bust etc.

Have I taken out the right cover? I have 14 day cooling off period.

I'll muti task if I must and have the baby whilst signing the register...........!!

9 replies

Latest activity by Amora Nail & Beauty, 3 of November of 2013 at 13:53
  • DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

I'd personally ring them. Without reading the T&C's I wouldn't know although I'd say it would only cover you if you didn't know you were pregnant at the time of taking out the policy?

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

I would guess it doesn't cover you, especially because you knew you were pregnant when you took out the cover. Give them a ring if in doubt.

If you're due date is 1st July then you are very unlikely to be still pregnant even allowing for going 2 weeks over.

Congratulations by the way!

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content

If your due date is 1st July and wedding is 1st August... You would definitely have had your baby by then! I'd be more worried with regards to type of delivery and if you'd be feeling well enough on the day! For instance recovery from a normal delivery would be much quicker than if you ended up having a Caesarian section!

i would definitely give debhenhams a call and ask them...

• alabastamasta
    Beginner May 2014
    alabastamasta ·
    • Hide content

Call them. Have a feeling that would be classed as a 'pre-existing condition'

And CONGRATULATIONS! Smiley laugh

• lil_2014
    Beginner July 2014
    lil_2014 ·
    • Hide content

We have taken Debenhams insurance and they are quite goos answering questions via email.

I'd recommend that so you have written evidence if you need to fight whatever they say (yes or no answer) later on.

Congrats on the decision and wish you a healthy and easy pregnancy x

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

V unlikely that you will be covered, though you could plead ignorance if you haven't seen the doctor yet (not that I would condone being dishonest of course!!)

On a more general note I have to say I think you are mad to go ahead - you will have a very new baby, possibly only a week or so old, which in itself is a total bombshell, but there is also the possibility that you will still be very sore from the birth or recovering from a C-section, not to mention leaking bodily fluids everywhere and being hit by the hormone bus. ? Sorry to be the voice of doom but I really think you should postpone or you run the risk of spoiling both the wedding and, more importantly, the early days/weeks with your new baby.

• M
    Beginner July 2014
    missk1989 ·
    • Hide content

Assuming you are in england/wales, you are only able to go 2 weeks overdue before being induced. you will defo have your baby by then. Id be more worried about the practicalities bu good luck.

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You can go as overdue as you like, what are they going to do? Forced induction? ? I was 17 days late with my first.

• A
    Beginner May 2014
    Amora Nail & Beauty ·
    • Hide content

Having been a bridesmaid 10 days after giving birth to my baby girl I would say postpone, even just for a couple of months. I really don't remember much of the wedding it all went by in a blur, I was late as was breastfeeding on demand. Wouldn't change either for the world but if I was doing it again I would have said can she choose a different bridesmaid and I'd have just been a guest. My little girl was 12 days late and I was induced.

It's up to you at the end of the day but personally I'd postpone I think

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics