Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

rp304
Beginner August 2013

Wedding Insurance with Cover for Hire Marquee

rp304, 27 June, 2012 at 12:12 Posted on Planning 0

Hello, pretty new to this but ...

we recently booked a church for 10/08/2013 and have been looking into hiring a marquee to put up in the in-laws field to have the reception in.

The quote we are looking to go with includes a £100 charge for a damage waiver, which the man said he would take off if I could show him that I had insurance that would cover this.

So I have been looking at wedding insurance policies that will cover deposits and payments for suppliers as this is the bulk of our £8,000 budget (£2,400 marquee, £500 toilet trailer, £2000 caterers), and a policy that will also include marquee cover. I am quite concerned about getting the right cover that will serve the purpose we want. I have read small print from one that said it doesn't cover any accidental damage, which surely is most likely? Also, I am looking for the insurance to cover the marquee, but also down to chairs and tables, lighting etc.

These are the prices I have had

Eclesiastical - £128

Debenhams - £94

John Lewis - £111

My-Wedding Insurance - £60

Does anyone have any experience/advice in taking out wedding insurance and more specifically in terms of the added marquee cover?

Thanks

Rose Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics