Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I
Beginner January 1999

Wedding interrogation

irrelephant, 13 July, 2011 at 21:47 Posted on Planning 0 7

From my little sister. She's just got back from holidays and found out we've booked the wedding and i've had a right interrogation from her. I won't recount the entire conversation, its gone on for ages but some of the highlights:

1st text i got: 'whats the colour scheme? I want a good bridesmaid dress, and are the groomsmen fit?' answered with if she'd met D then she'd realise that the answer was going to be no. The best man, bless him, is a real sweetheart but so geeky she wouldn't give him a second glance and they're all older than her (shes 18) and taken anyway. She said 'whats the point of being a bridesmaid then?!'

M 'choose your invitations carefully, it says in this wedding magazine that they're central to your theme.' me- 'surely D and I are central to our theme?' M- 'nope, its definitely the invitations. I'm hoping for a ben ten card any day now...'

M- 'hire a boat' me- 'were getting married in the countryside' M- 'get one anyway'

She's also asked if i'm getting hair extensions, acrylic nails, what colour i'm dying my hair and she wants me to wear peep toes. She's disappointed that i'm not having extensions or acrylics and that my hair is staying its natural mousy brown. Also i'm not wearing peep toes. But she's thrilled that i want to get a fish pedicure.

She's as mad as a hatter.

7 replies

Latest activity by *Mini*, 14 July, 2011 at 22:06
  • judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

Does she know my niece? They'd get on like a house on fire!

❤️ fishies! I tell people it feels like putting your feet in a bucket of chanpagne. (and don't let the hygiene-paranoid naysayers here put you off)

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Ha ha she's a typical 18 year old but she's mad! bit like me really too. Family traits and all that...

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

At least you know she'll take an interest! Sounds like she'd organise a brilliant hen do if she's already got lots of ideas and opinions on the wedding, although it may be a bit of a mad whirlwind!

I've always wondered about those fish pedicures - now I know it feels like a bucket of champagne, I'm definitely up for trying one!

• M
    Beginner October 2011
    Mrs Poon ·
    • Hide content

Ahh bless. Sounds like shes getting all excited x

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Ha ha - she sounds really excited! Oh well, better that than not interested.

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

Good lord, you could be talking about my sister!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

You could probably be talking about me!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics