Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

wedding invitation help please!

20 March, 2011 at 20:33 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi Ladies,

A friend of mine received a wedding invitation from a friend in America the other day (as always - bigger and more extravagant than the British equivalent!) despite it being a little bit "OTT" I was rather taken with it and wondered if anyone knew where I could have something similar done? Basically it was a pocket file, insider were lots of seperate cards for different bits, one was the invitation itself, another was the RSVP card, one with a list of local accomodation, one with "other info" (dress code, please let us know if you're a vegetarian, advise about the venue "high heels not recommended" blah blah blah)

6 replies

Latest activity by CardiffInvitations, 20 March, 2011 at 23:14
  • caweena
    Beginner
    caweena ·
    • Hide content

Haven't got a clue myself but probably one of the stationery suppliers on here would jump at the chance to do them fo you...

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

yeah, WSS, a lot of the stationary suppliers can make these up with everything to match,

there are a few on here, also ebay, and any you might find at wedding fayres Smiley smile

• niknaks22
    Beginner August 2012
    niknaks22 ·
    • Hide content

Collisons have quite a new range called Infinity which is exactly like that. They're not too badly priced and most of the range includes all of the extra insert bits too

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Absolutely I can help.

Pocketfolds are very popular currently and they look fab also.

I offer a FREE, no obligation design service where I could work with you to understand what you like/don't like. Colour schemes/themes etc and then I would create atleast 3 computer aided designs which we can go through and amend as you would like until you are happy with them. The sky is the limit really. If you like printed or handmade, I can do both and also offer a lot of of techniques like hand foiling etc to give you that personal touch.

If you'd like a no obligation chat then please do email me at *******@****************.**.** and we can have a chat.

I'd love to help

Nat

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

They're called "Pocketfold" and are actually quite common - do some googling and you'll find plenty of examples, or as caweena said one of the stationary HIBs will no doubt be along to show some examples they do.

• millie&me
    Beginner October 2016
    millie&me ·
    • Hide content

Hi Canterburybride,

I think what your friend has received is a pocket style invitaiton like these:

These are a great idea if you have lots of information to give your guests, and are available in a huge range of sizes and shapes. The original pockets come from a company in the USA called Envelopments www.envelopments.com

I'm a licensed retailer of their products and the range of colours and patterns they offer is incredible. Have a look on the website above for some ideas.

There are also pockets available elsewhere and there are lots of stationery designers who can give you ideas an options on this style of invitation. There are also cheque book style invitaitons which are another great way of sending lots of information in one clever package!

My website is www.millieandme.net

and there are a number of designs show there with pockets as well as a bespoke design service. Alternatively most of the clever stationery designers on here can adapt existing style to incorporate pockets as well!

Have fun searching!!

Nicky

• CardiffInvitations
    CardiffInvitations ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I too do pocketfolds so please feel free to look through my website.

I currently do two styles of pocketfolds, the first is an envelope style where everything (including the actual invite) is included in one pocket

Then the second is a tri-fold pocketfold where there is the invite is on one section of the invite and the extra bits are included in a pocket below.

Have included a couple of examples below, however there are more pictures on the website and please feel free to email me on

Anna

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics