Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2015

Wedding Invitation Time

meandmrjones81, 14 of January of 2015 at 19:32 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi,

I need help from my fellow hitchers, i am just designing my wedding invites and i am not sure what time i need to put on them. We are getting married at 1.30 so do i put on their that or do i put 1.15 to make sure that the guest arrive on time.

Helllp!!!!

5 replies

Latest activity by Spring Bride 85, 14 of January of 2015 at 22:55
  • jennybob
    Beginner April 2015
    jennybob ·
    • Hide content

Normally you put the time you are getting married and everyone knows to get there earlier xx

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    Manda79 ·
    • Hide content

I put 15 mins earlier as I know how horrific parking can be-and how late my family can be...

I can't be late and obviously have to see registrar, so if I'm there early, and so is everyone else, we can crack on!

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Etiquette is you put the time of the ceremony. People will make it in plenty of time. If however there is something people might not know about, such as parking, then you could include that info on the information sheet if you're doing one, or mention it somewhere. X

• samidolls
    Beginner September 2015
    samidolls ·
    • Hide content

Our wedding is at 3 and on the invite we are putting the ceremony time and at the end please arrive by 2:30.

Personally I prefer this on an invite, but I tend to get overly anxious about timings. At my cousins wedding her best man didnt turn up until halfway through the ceremony as they had to get change for parking! at least this way everybody will defo be there on time!

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    Miss2Mrs! ·
    • Hide content

On my invitations i have put 'Arriving from two thirty in the afternoon for a three o'clock ceremony' That way there is a half hour slot for everyone to arrive Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner April 2015
    Spring Bride 85 ·
    • Hide content

I put "ceremony begins at 13:30, please arrive by 13:10"

This was just because I was paranoid about people turning up at 1:30! Trust me, with my family it's likely to happen. Just didn't want it to be my fault for being unclear! :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics