Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner November 2013

Wedding Invitation Wording - Help Needed Please!

katiemoulton87, 4 of November of 2012 at 22:54 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi Everyone!

We are just getting round to doing all our invites and we want to word our evening invites in a certain way but not sure how.

We are only able to have 60 guests to the ceremony, but we wanted everyone to be included in the whole day. We have opted for a 4pm ceremony and then we want everyone else to arrive for a specific time of 5pm so we can continue celebrating all together. From that time we will do all the speeches, cake cutting, food, 1st dance etc.

How can we word our evening invites to this effect but in a nice way!?

We don't want people turning up at 6-7pm as they will of missed the food etc.

We also don't know wether to do a table plan as we wanted informal and relaxed but then people will need a place to eat food and listen to speeches! Sooo Confused at the moment!

Any advice/opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Katie x

4 replies

Latest activity by kdempsey, 6 of November of 2012 at 17:50
  • *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

My friends went to an informal and relaxed wedding this weekend and their only criticism was the lack of table plan, as it just made finding somewhere to sit a bit more difficult. I'm sure that's not the case for everyone, but they're the only people I know with experience of a wedding without a table plan

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Exactly what Kirst said.

If you make it clear please join us at 5pm and or food to be served at 5.30pm (or whenever)

Where food is concerned people wont be late!

We recently went to a 50th and it was more formal than the invited led us to believe.

There was sit down meal and seating plan- luckily we got there on time otherwise we would have missed food and would have felt majorly rude! (the invite had no mention of dinner at all so we just assumed would be canapes/buffet type thing!)

• K
    Beginner November 2013
    katiemoulton87 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you both for your feedback! Will definatly use a table plan now and love your suggested wording thank you Smiley smile

• Pook82
    Beginner August 2012
    Pook82 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with what the other ladies have said re the wording. We had a similar situation with our "evening" starting early and everyone did turn up on time! We said this on the info sheets which went in the invites:

We are having a small intimate ceremony. We would love for you to join us at 5:30pm to share the speeches, cake cutting and first dance.

Food, drink and entertainment will be provided!

• kdempsey
    Beginner August 2013
    kdempsey ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We're having something similar, getting married at 2pm but have only a small room for the ceremony so want everyone to join us straight after - we're also not having a table plan!

My plan is to include a kind of running order within the invitations - eg 3pm drinks reception 4pm photographs, 5pm outdoor games 6pm speeches, 7pm BBQ 8pm dancing - these arent the actual times but something like that is a bit fun and quirky - we're doing the invitations in a booklet style, printing the information on postcards and tying them together with a yellow ribbon (our colour is yellow).

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics