Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner June 2016

Wedding Invitations

Miss-KEM, 21 of October of 2015 at 08:40 Posted on Planning 0 14

Morning All

I get married in June 2016 and have just started looking for invitations.

I'm struggling to find anything I like and everything I do like is coming in quite expensive.

I see a lot of people on here who make their own invitations but I'm just not creative. As I say I don't even know what sort of thing I want and having looked on numerous websites and of course pinterest I just can't find anything I like.

We don't really have a theme for the wedding (we have a slight theme with table names and our cake but I think it would look quite tacky on invitations).

Anyway the aim of this post is to try and get some inspiration from you lovely brides and grooms - possibly a flash of your invitations and suggestions of reasonably priced places to get them from (need about 40-50 for daytime guests then the same for evening guests). Also how much should I expect to pay for these as I have no idea what the average cost is?

Thanks in advance.

14 replies

Latest activity by Steepdene, 25 of October of 2015 at 19:05
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm not creative either I'm afraid. I only needed one invitation but wanted something quite specific and couldn't find it. A friend made me a card and I wrote a story for the inside in the end.

someone got some nice ones from a supermarket recently. Or you could try ebay or vista print. Both have some nice ones.

You could do a wedding website (free) with all the information on and therefore just use a basic invitation with no inserts for all the extra information of directions, meal choices if any etc etc. I used gettingmarried.co.uk

• CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

Etsy has lots of nice handmade options?

I got a creative friend to make mine for me. Maybe you could do the same if you know anyone?

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

I managed to find some gorgeous Paperchase invitations in their outlet store near me.

They have a lovely range - might be worth checking out what they have online?

Also, I saw a thread on here the other day where someone had found some in ASDA that were stunning - only £2 a pack, but looked a lot more expensive.

If you're not creative - don't worry! There are some lovely shop bought creations out there.

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsLBtoB ·
    • Hide content

Miss-KEM - I am probably the most un-creative person you will ever come across but I got all of ours printed from PDA Card & Craft.

Theres a guy called Peter in the sales office who is amazing and who will help with wording, layout and they will print them all for you.

I've managed to come up with making these with a little help from double-sided tape, some ribbon and some self adhesive diamontes and some blue card and a heart shaped hole punch.

If I can do this ANYONE can!! Smiley smile

We got about 90 of everything printed and delivered for about £2 per invite.

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    Miss-KEM ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Unfortunately i don't know anyone who is creative or has the time to make them for me.

I've tried ebay, etsy, i've googled them and tried numerous sites but nothing grabs my attention.

I know it shouldn't matter as people will just throw them in the bin but to me its kind of the first insight people will get of the wedding so don't want something that looks cheap or boring.

I'll keep looking and try some of the other suggestions.

Thanks again.

• C
    Beginner August 2016
    Clairej20 ·
    • Hide content

I'm using the website below for mine, pretty pocketfold invitations are £2-£3 which is a bargain and they come ready assembled.

https://inviteyoutothedo.co.uk/

• K
    Beginner July 2016
    kay_ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just wanted to say your invites look fab! Love it when people take the time to put in all the extra info. I'm doing a pocketfold type thing for mine too and think this is a lovely way to present all the information. Love the ribbons, very pretty Smiley heart

• B
    Beginner February 2016
    BearFeb2016 ·
    • Hide content

You cant really see the full effect of mine in this picture . We got these (Invite, Envelope, Info Slip, RSVP Slip and mini Envelope, plus twine and tag for around £1.50 each. Found a lady on ebay, shes also on FB. They're pretty simple, probably could of done it myself, but couldn't face it!

• BriertonBride
    Beginner June 2016
    BriertonBride ·
    • Hide content

BearFeb2016 can I ask the ladies name on Facebook who did the invites for you? I absolutely love them and they are exactly what I am looking for. Does the information come printed or do you write it in yourself? Thanks in advance.

• B
    Beginner February 2016
    BearFeb2016 ·
    • Hide content

Morning Smiley smile

on FB her page is Greendaisy Crafts and Supplies. I saw something I kind of liked and asked her to adjust based on what I really wanted. She was super helpful and couldn't recommend enough! All the info was printed such as our names, venue times etc. We had a couple of extra slips done for Gifts, taxi numbers local hotels, RSVP cards and some additional slips as we're not inviting children. The only thing that wasn't printed in advance was our guests names (she probably would of added those but we hadn't finalised our guest list!)

• R
    Beginner December 2015
    RomanticEmeralds ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we made our own invitations. My came up with the idea!

!

However I am getting some thank you cards made from a lady I saw mentioned on here. I told her what sort of stuff I liked and she came up with a few designs to chose from

Might be worth having a look at her FB page for ideas. It's 'I heart it'

• J
    Beginner May 2018
    Jade1990 ·
    • Hide content

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Personalised-Wedding-Invitations-Evening-Invites-with-Envelopes-/171948807858?var=&hash=item2808f296b2:m:mwxlc9BPACH6Q0twLqvMUPg

• J
    Beginner May 2018
    Jade1990 ·
    • Hide content

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50-Personalised-Wedding-Invitations-Handmade-Rustic-Vintage-Envelopes-/321696841928?var=&hash=item4ae6a040c8:m:mNr_00HhrPB1Zc3LPkK8j0w

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Personalised-Wedding-Day-or-Evening-Invitations-with-Envelopes-SAMPLE-/111804986264?var=&hash=item1a0818b398:m:mmlyfELkgNruTKiefxTlAlQ

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-Lace-Bandeau-Rustic-Wedding-Invitation-Personalised-Handmade-SAMPLE/131606219152?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D33426%26meid%3D3c920e67c7cc497bbc1c7b9d6effa088%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D131606201733

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Personalised-Wedding-Day-Evening-Invitations-Invites-Vintage-Chalkboard-Theme-/181352813404?var=&hash=item2a3978535c:m:mMLzqvByuYOCHgBi4B_pHAA

• J
    Beginner May 2018
    Jade1990 ·
    • Hide content

These are really cute..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PERSONALISED-WEDDING-DAY-EVENING-INVITATIONS-WITH-ENVELOPES-/321874315969?var=&hash=item4af1344ac1:m:mtjrNMwH6NAItbLI5yXqI6g

• S
    Beginner June 2016
    Steepdene ·
    • Hide content

We are having these from the Hitched website.

https://print.hitched.co.uk/invitations/wedding-c2/design-d22751

They arrived this week and are fantastic. We bought them when they had a 40% off sale, so we had a total of 70 for £54.

They look really pretty and fit our vintage lace theme so well.

Also try Confett.co.uk, they had some lovely one's too, as do Vistaprint, who also have discount codes sometimes as much as 50% off.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics