Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner September 2023 Essex

Wedding invites

Dion, 26 of February of 2023 at 18:30 Posted on Planning 0 3
When do I send out my wedding invites? I get married in September and we are going to our venue for food tasting mid March. Does the food need to go on the menus? I’m stressing about time.

Thanks in advance

3 replies

Latest activity by Danielle, 3 of March of 2023 at 06:35
  • S
    Rockstar April 2023 West London
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

I would say food only needs to go on the invitations if guests need to choose between options. Otherwise, just ask about dietary requirements.

You’ll want to give people enough time to RSVP, so you can send them as soon as you like, or leave it later if you’ve sent save the dates.

We’re getting married at the begging of April and sent save the dates last July, followed by the main invitations at the start of January with an RSVP deadline of February, which I think was a bit tight, but we’ve got them all back now.

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I would say 4-6 months before, you don't want to go to early as people tend to not reply as they thing there is loads of time. If you are having menu choices then absolutely wait until you have picked your menu so you can send out with the invites and people can return on their RSVP at the same time so you don't have to send out separately.

I would say you can wit till after Easter either way. If you send just before a major holiday it can get lost in the ether so to speak. Just ensure that whatever your deadline is for your final numbers you set your RSVP for 4 weeks before that so you have time to chase people down, which will happen, we were chasing people up to the day before!

• Emma
    Curious June 2024 Lincolnshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    Wedding invites 1
    My head bridesmaid sent me this. If there are menu choices guests need to choose then obviously you need to wait until you have decided what those options will be after your taste testing.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics