Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner April 2020

Wedding is April and Covid-19 issues

ExpensivePinkCakes54963, 18 of March of 2020 at 13:04 Posted on Planning 0 2

Sooo unsure what to do. 2 wedding events from early to mid april. Vendors havent cancelled yet. Guests are 80 at one and 250 at the other. And looks like guest numbers will now be much lower due to the advice given on mass gathering wtx. We have spent a fair bit of money and hopefully our isurance convers

What have others with april weddings done with all this uncertainty. First event is 2 weekends away

?????

2 replies

Latest activity by ExpensivePurpleCakes53263, 19 of March of 2020 at 13:59
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Talk to your vendors, talk to your insurers, get an idea of what options you have regarding moving the dates.

You don't mention what country you are in, but most countries are asking us to avoid gatherings of this size for the next few weeks or months - even if it's not a legal requirement, I think we need to stick to the government advice, to help slow the spread.

Sending hugs - it's a horrible situation to be in. Maybe in future years, we'll be able to boast about being one of the Corona Brides, but right now...Urgh!

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensivePurpleCakes53263 ·
    • Hide content

My wedding was 18th April and hen do next weekend. The venue have postponed my wedding Smiley sad Luckily got a date in octoberso still this year but I am really really sad Smiley sad .. It's the right thing to do though as I know people were worried about coming and I want everyone to stay safe and feel relaxed. I'm glad in a way it was taken out of my hands by the venue. I will be so sad if by the date this has calmed down and I could have gone ahead!! I chose to cancel the hen and rearrange for later in the year. such a stressful time I really do feel for you xxx

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensivePurpleCakes53263 ·
    • Hide content

My wedding was 18th April and hen do next weekend. The venue have postponed my wedding Smiley sad Luckily got a date in Otcober so still this year but I am really really sad Smiley sad .. It's the right thing to do though as I know people were worried about coming and I want everyone to stay safe and feel relaxed. I'm glad in a way it was taken out of my hands by the venue. I will be so sad if by the date this has calmed down and I could have gone ahead!! I chose to cancel the hen and rearrange for later in the year. such a stressful time I really do feel for you xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics