Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nessa_EssexBride
Beginner November 2015

wedding isle runner

Nessa_EssexBride, 28 of April of 2014 at 14:58 Posted on Planning 0 11

What do you think of a personalised isle runner for the big day.
I'm having a indoor wedding. I'm thinking about it.
Curious to see everyone's thought?
Thanks for your response Smiley smile

11 replies

Latest activity by ClaireD*, 28 of April of 2014 at 17:01
  • ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

If the carpet is awful (damaged and/or psychedelic colours), and therefore NEEDS to be covered with a runner, then why not a personalised runner rather than a normal one? Fair enough.

If there is nothing wrong with the floor though, sorry to say it, but that looks like the most pointless thing ever.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I have to admit I'm with Claire on this one. I photograph weddings with aisle runners occasionally and they don't really improve the venue at all.

If it were my money I'd spend it on something else! I've also been told that some venues don't allow them because of the increased tripping hazard so it's worth you asking the venue first anyway.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

The thing with having a lovely personalised aisle runner is (in my experience) that people spend longer being told to get off of it or not to walk on it than they do getting to admire it. They tend to cause a fair bit of stress for the lucky usher who's landed with the job of keeping it footprint free until the bride arrives- especially if the weather is grim and people have mucky shoes.

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry but i'm with everyone else & think its a lot of money for something that a) people wouldnt probably even notice b) is used for 2 minutes c) not something you can sell on afterwards to recoup some of your money back.

Even if the carpet is horrid in the ceremony room....no-one is going to notice it....they'll be busy looking at you!!!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

I ALMOST got one of these that said 'Dad, let's take the most important walk of our lives' but had 2 reasons why I didn't 1- I have a sister who one day might get married so wouldn't want it to look like my walk with out dad is more important then the walk tey may do together 1 day , and 2- the cost, I would never use it again and seemed such a waist.

i could f sold it after, but getting it cleaned would cost new then I could make on it.

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

This was something I too considered but for the price I would sooner use the money elsewhere, looks pretty but is probably just a waste.

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

On one wedding it was only a small shower but once I got in side ready for the brides entrance I was stopped from going down it in case I got it dirty? I had to be at the front so a usher asked the party to all get up on one side to make room for me to get through? as soon as the bride stepped on it it was dirty.

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

I'd count that as a *near miss* for the last two of you (MrsLizzie, NatLouise). Phewwwwwww!

I've become more anti- these than when I first posted today. There's no logical reason for that. Maybe I'm hungry.... ?

• cinnamon009
    Beginner December 2014
    cinnamon009 ·
    • Hide content

I saw this aisle runner at my venue and thought how fab it looked - it's not personalised and it's hired from the venue dresser so cheaper. But not sure I'm going to bother. It is a winter wedding and keeping it clean would be a nightmare.

I'm having the lanterns though

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

It looks like a heavyweight paper so keeping people off it would be a must so a waste of space and something that would frustrate guests. Utterly pointless in my view. I can see a point in a runner indoors if it's a manky carpet and outdoors if it''s soft or wet ground. Otherwise why would you?

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This one is more like a carpet though - so has practical purposes. Stop you slipping on a wooden floor in your new shoes, for example. Those personalised ones are much thinner material though, and would be a nightmare to keep flat I think (see *trip hazard* issue above).

I am also pleased to say I'm not a total killjoy, I have nothing against petals being put out in a lovely pattern like that! Especially if there are no flower girls to throw petals later on, and if the petals are laid with a gap at the sides as above, so that people can still walk to their seats on the runner, that makes it user-friendly too...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics