Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rosie
Beginner September 2023 Buckinghamshire

Wedding jewellery

Rosie, 5 of January of 2023 at 11:36 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 4

Hi everyone,

I had honestly never really considered buying new jewellery for the wedding day as I don't normally wear much anyway. I have a favourite necklace that I wear out of habit, and was expecting just to wear the same necklace on the wedding day too.

Is it a big thing to get new jewellery for the day, or are you happy to just wear your favourite pieces?

4 replies

Latest activity by JamesFlaxy, 5 of January of 2023 at 20:16
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I didn't as like you i don't really wear it and thought it would look odd. there is no right or wrong, is your day so you do what you are comfortable with.

• L
    Curious September 2023 Lincolnshire
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content

I can't say I've ever particularly noticed the bride's jewellery! I would base it around the dress. I feel like it's nice to have something to fill the space if it's a low neck line but wouldn't spend a fortune because the focus will be on the dress, flowers, hair, makeup etc. If your usual necklace works then wear it!

• Ellie-Marie
    Beginner September 2023 Essex
    Ellie-Marie ·
    • Hide content

I hadn't really considered this much, but I do have a necklace that I wear every day. When I went to try on THE dress, I thought it looked quite nice with my necklace on as it's pretty simple and elegant. The shop assistant however told me that she didn't think I should wear a necklace with it (not really her place to say if you ask me!) Ultimately I think it's up to you if you decide to wear it or not and go with whatever would work for your dress. You can find some really beautiful pieces on Etsy though so worth a look if you are after something simple and elegant (and not too expensive!)

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

There's no need to buy anything new unless you want to. If your favourite necklace works with your wedding dress, then wear it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics