Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2019

Wedding just us abroad, uk reception - friends

SunnyBlueCakes28249, 24 of January of 2018 at 21:31 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0

Hi all, so me and my fiancé are getting married abroad just the two of us. Both of our family and friends are really happy and understanding about this, as we love to travel and the whole day part of a wedding just isn’t suited to who we are. However, we are having a full uk reception the day after we get back with everyone. Although untraditional to have pre wedding celebrations when going abroad alone, my friends and family are planning hen dos and I will have help choosing a dress etc. Anyway, I wondered if there was a way to show my appreciation to the would be ‘bridal party’ doing all of this, to honour them in some way, they have said it’s enough for them to get to plan the hen do and help with the reception etc. But I just wondered if there’s any little ideas anyone might have? Thank you

• S
    SunnyRedCakes86708 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

First of all, you are very lucky to get such a family and friends. I am a wedding planner in Chennai and I have seen that family and friends becomes unfriendly when the couples plans a destination wedding.

If you want appreciate your friends and family, you can buy all of some gifts from the place you go. It may be a bit expensive. you can choose some cheap but unique items.

If you let us know where you plan to go, probably we can help you with some ideas on what to get.

Regards

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics