Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner March 2024 Surrey

Wedding morning - getting ready @ Millbridge Court

Sammie, 12 of July of 2023 at 11:41 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 8
Our venue doesn't allow you to arrive until 9am and my ceremony is at 1pm which means I'm aiming for the bridal party to be ready by 12pm. There's 7 of us that needs to get ready so I'm worried that 3 hours isn't enough time for the hair and makeup artist. The weddings I've been a bridesmaids at before have started getting ready at 7-8am and had less people.

Has anyone else had this problem where your venue didn't allow you to come earlier to start getting ready? And what did you do?

8 replies

Latest activity by Laura, 15 of July of 2023 at 13:34
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    Has your hair & makeup artist given you a timeline of how long they will need? Is it just 1 person or will they have an assistant?
  • Vicky
    Savvy July 2025 Essex
    Vicky ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sammie,

I'm the same I cant get into my venue till 11am (Maybe 10 if not used the day before) but I have moved the ceremony to 3 but still have to be ready for 2 so 3 hours to get us all done. My hair and makeup have offered to start people earlier at a different location, I may stay in a hotel the night before near by so we will look at getting started there then move over to the venue when we can is that an option? its so hard because you don't want it to be a mad rush it will put you on edge for the most important part f your day. Maybe speak with the venue see if they have any advice from others that have been married their before.

Good luck with it x

• S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Sammie! I am a 1pm bride, needing to leave around 12:30/12:40 and when I booked my hair and make up they both suggested 6:00/6:30am starts. That’s 1 of each and we are a bridal party of 6! That’s just a timeline of my day. I would suggest if there isn’t anything you can do about your venue give your make up artist etc a ring they are the professionals in all of this. Good luck.
  • Kerri Risbey
    Curious August 2023 Gloucestershire
    Kerri Risbey ·
    • Hide content

How far away are you from your venue? Are you able to start getting ready at home and then travel over to the venue to finish hair and makeup?

If not, speak with both hairdresser and MUA and speak about the timelines. They might want to bring a second person to help out if they think the timings are tight! Smiley smile

• Valyria
    Savvy October 2026 West Sussex
    Valyria ·
    • Hide content

It might be tight but doable depending how many assistants your hair stylist/MUA are bringing with them.

when my best friend got married she had 9 Bridesmaids, plus herself and mother of the bride to get ready. we started at 8am for a 1pm wedding and had 4 people working on us. we were all in our dresses and ready by 12pm, so it may be achievable, it's just something to ask your supplier about.

I didn't book a venue who wanted me to be getting ready from 11am (on a 1pm ceremony) for that very reason as I didn't want to feel rushed, even though I am only having 3 BM's.

is there no negotiating with the venue?

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Have you booked the makeup & hair people already? If not, you could get your bridesmaids to sort their own and then meet you at the venue later - that's what one of my friends did when she was tight for time on her wedding. Or can you get them to come to another venue? Or ask if they can bring another person to help?

I would say your first port of call is the hair & makeup people - ask them what they can do and take if from there.

• S
    Beginner March 2024 Surrey
    Sammie ·
    • Hide content
    Thank you for all your suggestions everyone! I took your advice and spoke to my H&MUA who reassured me that 3 hours should be okay and if not then she'll find an assistant if need be. My venue also said I can arrive an hour earlier at a surcharge - so if anyone else is having the same issue, highly suggest you ask whether this is an option!

Good luck to you brides who are in the same position! X
  • Laura
    Dedicated July 2023 Cambridgeshire
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    Glad you feel better about it. I am fortunate that I am getting married locally but friends I have been bridesmaid for booked air bnbs the night before and got the HMUAs to go there - it is an added expense though

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics