Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

KristaltippsHall
Beginner February 2011

Wedding music, entrance - exit etc

KristaltippsHall, 9 October, 2010 at 11:51 Posted on Planning 0 21

Ok girls (and AJ) I need your opinions!

For my entrance to the venue (really long aisle) I really want Green Day Time of Your Life:

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bTdLi0YUVM:550:0]

- beautiful, sentimental, sums up how hard but wonderful its been getting to this point, and he wont be expecting it. However, my Bm's are coming in first (and they are my twin 9-year old daughters and 2 best friends and are ALL handfuls!) and I really want to try to somehow incorporate Trouble, Ray LaMontagne for them:

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3pltmw6cmI:550:0]

before leading into Green Day.What do you think? THEN, as my H2B is a musician and Canadian, and BNL's music has been hugely important in "our" story, for just married/exit music I really really want this to kick in (obviously just the song but this video is pretty funny!) Be My Yoko Ono :

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-VbzjAW-LE:550:0]

When I asked him he suggested this without hesitation (Space, You and Me Vs The World :

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2wTk01IqvM:550:0]

Honest opinions please? I want this to be totally "us" and to make people smile and happy.

21 replies

Latest activity by KristaltippsHall, 11 October, 2010 at 13:04
  • KristaltippsHall
    Beginner February 2011
    KristaltippsHall ·
    • Hide content

Come on girls, what do you think?

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

If the tunes mean something to you then you should have them. As long as there are no rude words, the meanings are relevant and there's nothing too contoversial I'm sure no-one will object.

We're having something a bit different too, but it's not had a final decision yet!

• Kitty1987
    Beginner December 2010
    Kitty1987 ·
    • Hide content

I love that greenday song it will be beautiful. It's such a pain in the bum choosing music lol.

I'm walking into the acoustic version of everlong by foo fighters ?

• KristaltippsHall
    Beginner February 2011
    KristaltippsHall ·
    • Hide content

Awwww I LOVE Everlong!

Thats better, turned them into clickable links now, should be easier to help and give opinions without having to copy/paste now.

• KristaltippsHall
    Beginner February 2011
    KristaltippsHall ·
    • Hide content

Is it quiet tonight/everyone watching X Factor, or is everyone just thinking well, she's clearly mental - what choices! and therefore being polite by just not responding?!

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    lilsparkle ·
    • Hide content

I'm walking in to snow patrol chasing cars having an acoustic version of times like these by the foo fighters and greenday good riddance (time of your life) for the register signing and exiting to snow patrol's you're all I have. All these sings have meaning to us and we love the bands. Although i'm getting married can I have Dave Grohl as my bit on the side? Smiley smile

• KristaltippsHall
    Beginner February 2011
    KristaltippsHall ·
    • Hide content

Hey, maybe we could share him - that makes it kinda not so bad right?! Smiley winking

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

You should have whatever means something to you. I would consider using your really favourite ones for the signing of register though simply because you will get to hear all the words rather than have them cut off..

• T
    Beginner
    twinklything ·
    • Hide content

That Space track is AMAZING! unfortunately we can't agree on too many songs, he's into american shouty rock and I like british indie... im having to convince him that the band he's in can't really play at our wedding, it might be too much for him. although you might be on to something with the Foo Fighters. He took me to see them when we first started going out.

• KristaltippsHall
    Beginner February 2011
    KristaltippsHall ·
    • Hide content

I know, I'm quite surprised that my H2B hasn't insisted on playing as yet, but it isn't about his music, for a change! it's about our love (oh dear I think I'm gonna puke!)

• aecy
    Beginner October 2011
    aecy ·
    • Hide content

If your H2B is in a band how about him recording a medley or a version of the songs you love then you can put trouble and the greenday song together? But I understand the music problem, OH likes indie, I'm a slushy ballad kinda girl with a rock chick heart lol

• Kitty1987
    Beginner December 2010
    Kitty1987 ·
    • Hide content

Woo OH has just decided our signing the register song

changed a million times but our final choices are

walking in- everlong foo fighters

signing register- nothing else matters metallica

leaving- you've got the love florence and the machine

I'm happy now my whole ceremony is sorted lol

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

Kitty, just one thing to consider, my registrar told me to choose around 2-3 songs for the signing as it can sometimes take 15 mins + with all the pics and stuff..

• Kitty1987
    Beginner December 2010
    Kitty1987 ·
    • Hide content

Ah thankyou we already have 2 others in mind so will use them as well ? Our vicar is lovely and is happy with us using our favourite music rather than typical churchy music

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

Hi, all good songs ? only thing with Green Day (time of your life) is that it was written as a break up song (originally called good riddance) so i guess thats how i hear it when i listen to it - but if you like it and it has special meaning go for it.

The song that we are thinking about for our first dance has really unsuitable lyrics but we love it so i guess it doesnt matter really

• KristaltippsHall
    Beginner February 2011
    KristaltippsHall ·
    • Hide content

To be honest, all of "our" songs pretty dramatic or sad, cos he was married and very unhappy when we met, and our relationship hasn't been the easiest!

He's not going to know what music I'll be walking in to, I want it to be total surprise. It just fits us so well.

What do you think for the just married tracks?

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I really like your choice of music, I think that music can evoke such an emotional response it needs to fit you.

• KristaltippsHall
    Beginner February 2011
    KristaltippsHall ·
    • Hide content

I love New Found Glory, particularly Iris. That Pete Docherty song is just beautiful, and do you know, I had never even considered listening to anything he has done before now, you may have just converted me!

• KristaltippsHall
    Beginner February 2011
    KristaltippsHall ·
    • Hide content

Man I love Dave Grohl! ?

• KristaltippsHall
    Beginner February 2011
    KristaltippsHall ·
    • Hide content

No no its beautiful, very moving.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles