J
Beginner June 2017

Wedding music for walking in and out

Julie48, 28 of January of 2016 at 10:33 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi Girls

I would love to have the following:

Ed Sheeran - Thinking out loud

Take That - either Rule the World or Greatest Day

Not sure which way round to have them as yet but what do you think? (our wedding is going to be very informal) do you think they're suitable?

What are you having?

Thanks girls

Jx

10 replies

Latest activity by Neil Gratton Photography, 30 of January of 2016 at 09:22
  • Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

I think they’re both lovely – personally I’d have Ed Sheeran to walk in and then Take That to walk out as the Take That songs are a little more upbeat.

We’re having the following played by a string quartet:

In: Paradise – Coldplay

Out: Here comes the Sun - Beatles

• Shelly70
    Beginner July 2016
    Shelly70 ·
    • Hide content

I love Ed Sheeran's Thinking Out Loud but this may be our first dance (not quite decided yet).

I really wanted to walk in to Heaven by Do as this version is just so beautiful but the registry office won't allow it because of the word "heaven". So I'm having Ellie Goulding's How Long Will I Love You and Birdie's Wings for the signing of the registry office. No exit music required as we literally walk out the back door into the gardens.

Love your choices though!

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Moonbeam88 ·
    • Hide content

I think they are both lovely songs, perfectly suitable. I agree with Ed to go into and Take That to leave to. We're having a church service so are having quite traditional songs on the organ:

Enter: Pachelbel Canon D

Leave: Mendelssohn's wedding march

We have asked for more modern music during the signing of the register and our organist is going to see which works best but we've suggested, Adele Feel my Love, Beyonce Halo and Florence and the Machine You Got the Love. I also heard 'So this is love' (from Cinderella)the other day and may see if that would work also!

My other half wants Take That a million love songs for our first dance. At first I thought no way too cheesy (I wanted Florence & The Machine Never Let Me Go) but it does remind me of him as he's a secret take That Lover and we've been to see them in concert etc. It's not so much me but deffo him and the more I hear it the more it gives me goosebumps so I think that may be the one!

xxx

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsLBtoB ·
    • Hide content

Both are lovely but that take that song is a little more upbeat so Id be inclined to walk out to Take That.

I (and the BMS) are walking into River Flows through you and OH and I are walking out to Stevie Wonder (Signed, Sealed, Delivered) a little tongue in cheek haha

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

I like your choices- I think I would walk into Ed Sheeran and out to Take That Smiley smile

Our music is still subject to us having a chat with the church organist, but apparently he's happy to consider a number of musical numbers and covers, so fingers crossed! The church also has a piano, which I am going to ask about instead of the organ.

Walking In - "Married Life" Theme tune from Disney Pixar's 'Up'

Walking Out - "Live Forever" by Oasis

No the actual tracks- they will be played on the organ/piano.

Beginner April 2016
    *Nik* ·
    • Hide content

What lovely choices of songs! I would personally go for Ed Sheeran on the way in and Take that on the way out.

I am walking into the church to a string quartet version of "I can't help falling in love" and we are walking out to Jason Mraz' I'm Yours as its our song

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

One of 'our' songs is Sky Full of Stars by Coldplay and Alesso but it's a bit too 'dance' for the ceremony. As a compromise I am walking in to a string version of the song, which is a lot slower and a bit more formal. We may have the original version of the track to exit to. It's quite upbeat and will signal the start of the 'fun' part of the day.

I agree with PPs that Ed Sheean on the way in and TT on the way out would work best.

• J
    Beginner June 2017
    Julie48 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girls for all of your replies.

Ed Sheeran defo entrance music ☺

Thanks again and good luck for your wedding

Jx

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

We had:

Walking in - instrumental version of The Cave by Mum & Sons

Signing - you're my best friend by queen and you got a friend in me from Toy Story

Walking out - Highland Cathedral on bagpipes

Have whatever you want and what means something to you both... I was always going to be piped in but then found the instrumental song and as mumford & sons is the reason me and OH met, it seemed fitting to have that little bit of the ceremony for us x

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

I know you've since replied and I have to say I agree with Ed Sheeran to walk in with, and Take that to leave.

We're having:
    Entrance: Here comes the bride
    Register: Be a hymn so people have something to do, if that isn't long enough our organist is going free-style but OH has said if do-able and we're allowed, I can have "Glad All Over" ? after the hymn. Really don't think it'll work though Smiley sad
    Leaving: Star wars march. Baddie music. He commented that the wedding march sounded like star wars, and the organist just played it and I don't understand star wars, but it sounded awesome and really cheery, the other reason I can fit "Glad all over" in there somewhere.

• Neil Gratton Photography
    Beginner August 2015
    Neil Gratton Photography ·
    • Hide content

I think the lyrics of 'Greatest Day' are totally perfect for a wedding :-) I've just put on 'Thinking Out Loud' which is lovely too; I agree with some comments that say 'Take That', being more upbeat, would be better for the recessional, and Ed Sheeran for your arrival.

My bride came in to Ellie Goulding's 'How Long Will I Love You', and we left the service to The Beetle's 'All You Need Is Love' (Yes, we're Love Actually fans, but the song works so well anyway)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics