Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner April 2014

Wedding music... what do you think?

Gumibear85, 15 April, 2013 at 14:19 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi,

So we have been having a think on some of the music we want at our wedding... and thisis what we have chosen up to now (subject to change!)

To walk in..

This song is very special to my and my OH.. has lots of meaning Smiley smile

The XX - Angels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nW5AF0m9Zw

Once the ceremony is over, to walk out..

Love the lyrics to this, as my OH is from the north west Smiley smile And like the sentiment that now we are married, its time for us to take over the world Smiley smile

The Courteeners - Take Over The World

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4ypIbLV9gk

And for our first dance... Just because its beautiful and we both love it Smiley smile

Elbow - One Day Like This

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NFV8dHrZYM

So, what do you think? Smiley smile

9 replies

Latest activity by NorthSouthGirl, 16 April, 2013 at 14:04
  • AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

No idea - no speakers on this PC!

Could you add titles and artists in case I know them? Cheers.

• G
    Beginner April 2014
    Gumibear85 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Done Smiley smile

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

The XX - Angels. It's very sombre in tone. Not sure it carries the right mood, but if it's special to both of you, go for it.

The Courteeners - Take Over The World. Again, it's not the bright and bubbly Courtneers that I think would fit the joyous occasion.

Elbow - One Day Like This. We had this for signing the register, loud in the room, sun coming through the big windows. I have never been sure about its use as a first dance - I think it's too dramatic and more suited to people sitting down being captivated, rather than watching people dance to it. It's also very long, so if you choose it here, make sure you have the radio edit (which misses out some of the lovely verses and doesn't build as well).

Sorry, that's all not very positive. I just wonder if you're setting a rather melancholy tone.

• G
    Beginner April 2014
    Gumibear85 ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm, well I liked them Smiley smile

I agree the XX one is kind of sombre, but I dont think the courteeners one is... personally anyway.

I dont know... ill carry on thinking about it... xx

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I always think the Courteeners have two faces: the bouncy, "yell your head singing and smiling" face and the more introverted reflective face. We had the former played during our evening reception!

But as you say, as long as you like them. I don't think the Elbow one is sombre at all. And worth noting that they are also a Manc band....let's not have the Courteeners take all that credit Smiley smile

• JSuitsVox
    JSuitsVox ·
    • Hide content

Your music is choice is an extremely personal thing so go with your heart, they're all great songs btw

• M
    Dedicated February 2022
    martinkab@hotmail.com ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE One day Like This - it sounds brilliant on a solo violin so I've got the fabulous violinist Simon Jordan (www.weddingviolin.co.uk) to play it. The others are intriguing and have got me looking at my list again!

• G
    Beginner April 2014
    Gumibear85 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hehe I know they are... my comment about my other half being from the North West was to do with the lyrics from the song.. the first line is "I'm only a paperboy from the North West, but I can scrub up well in my Sunday best" ?

I'm actually really liking your idea of playing the Elbow song whilst signing the register.... I see potential idea stealage on the horizon!

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

Music for your ceremony should be personal. Basically it doesn't matter whether anyone else likes it, if it means something to the both of you, then its the right choice. (BTW I like your choices). My Amy chose a very heavy rock guitar solo of the wedding march for her recessional which raised a few eyebrows....but it was typically her.

• NorthSouthGirl
    Beginner November 2014
    NorthSouthGirl ·
    • Hide content

I like the sound of them all, even if not for my wedding ?

However, it's your day and you get to choose the music you want, so if that's what you want, go for it and enjoy!

Personally i'm walking in to:

Processional Hymn by Vangelis

Walking out to either:

It Must Be Love by Madness

or

This Is The Day by The Manic Street Preachers

and our First Dance is:

Everyday by Slade

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics