Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Km86
Dedicated December 2022 North Yorkshire

Wedding Nightmares

Km86, 31 of October of 2022 at 16:21 Posted on Planning 0 2

Has anyone o

else been having really vivid wedding nightmares?

Thought a post where we could share them might be useful to make us feel less alone.

I had a nightmare last night that we arrived at the venue on the morning of the wedding and as we were walking in I realised I didn't have my wedding shoes (I am totally unorganised in most aspects of my life so forgetting something is a massive worry) they then made me sit in a side room while someone went all the way home to get my shoes.

While I was sat in this side room/ bar area there was my Mum sat in a normal height chair on one side of me and then me on a bar stool and my MIL to be on a bar stool on my other side. My Mum was asking me questions and I was answering her but she couldn't hear me because she is quite deaf and she was muttering saying I was being rude ignoring her, I was saying Mam you just can't hear me, then another group of wedding guests arrived in the room and I realised they had double booked our venue and another wedding was also happening that day. My mum started complaining to these guests about my MIL2B thinking that she was being discreet (like sometimes hard of people hearing are, when really they are being loud!) MIL2B was being really good and not saying anything back, she got offered a drink and said no and my mum was saying "oh first time for everything normally she's on a bottle of wine an hour" I ended up saying Mum if you say one more thing Im going to make Dad take you home.

finally my shoes arrived but they brought 3 pairs and none of them were my shoes, I picked the best of the 3 but they had "bridesmaid" stuck on them in glitter so my mum was trying to pick that off, I stood up in front of a full length mirror and realised I had the wrong dress on, it was dusky pink silky, off the shoulder long sleeved looked more like a bridesmaid dress and no make up, my hair looked awful she had made me look like I had a bald patch and comb over situation going on and really tight ringlets coming down in front of my eyes!!

I started crying to my Mum that I had the wrong dress on and she said "don't worry that one looks better anyway, your dress is far too tight, you look like you can't breathe in it" I was heartbroken.

next thing I'm at a church door about to walk in to the ceremony and then I woke up!

STRESS!

2 replies

Latest activity by Hannah, 1 of November of 2022 at 07:11
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I'm a bit worried about sharing my wedding nightmares in case I give other people extra things to stress about, but I can definitely sympathise. I had a lot of horrible ones about forgetting things or something happening to prevent the wedding.

• Hannah
    Beginner January 2023 South East London
    Hannah ·
    • Hide content
    I have literally just woken up from one which lasted forever and came on here to see if I was mad. Thank you for posting!! I’m having them regularly and they’re so intense, I’m genuinely not even that stressed about the wedding - there’s lots to get done but it’s under control. I’ve had ones where the dress is missing (I refused to leave a room in a pub) but last night’s was insane. Lots of random guests I didn’t know at the ceremony and halfway the through the ceremony it seemed that a few nominated guests had been asked to do a duty free show? They all had perfumes and items for sale which they set up on these sort of portable display cabinets. And when I expressed that I was unhappy everyone said I was causing a fuss. Actually mad. This along with : photographer not turning up, wedding party forgetting all sorts, things being so late there was no first look. I’m not sure I can take anymore of these 😂

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics